Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Brennan last won the day on November 4 2012

Brennan had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,031 Excellent

1 Follower

About Brennan

  • Rank
    Post Fiend
  • Birthday 25/06/1992

Profile Information

  • Gender


  • Local Area

Recent Profile Visitors

762 profile views
  1. Thanks @MRWEST . Yes, was pretty good to stand back and see all the misaligned guards and bumpers haha
  2. FYI Moondiscs are coming soon.
  3. Plumbed up some lines and tee's temporarily. and managed to get her off the hoist. She's not quite touching at the sills. x-member and sump is well up off the ground. above the sill height. The front doesn't seem to have as much travel as I would like. only picks it up about 80mm off the ground?? Moving the strut inboard further on the lower control arm should help this. hopefully without making the front too stiff.
  4. A cast boss kit. With factory lexus cruise control stalk in place. Cast straight off a 3d print with no prep. We didn't even bother putting it on a plate for the foundry. Scaled up to 101.2% Contraction. Came out absolutely perfect to within 1/2 a mm. Dad also cast up the dash cluster a few years back, when he built his belair. Both with be dark rough sandblasted finish, with a polished lip. Finished welding in the gas cap. And shaving all the door handles. Not the flashest. But should do the job.
  5. Na. We don’t have a strouds. and yea. I need to buy some barbed hose tails. Instead of using the cut up crimp fitting. So will try some 90 and 45. Hopefully I haven’t cut the hoses too short now.
  6. Installed the rear bag's bulkheads today. Not overly happy with the hose routes. But they don't touch anything through the suspension travel. I believe the flat spot I drilled through is for the Optional factory air suspension on the ls400.
  7. @Evan They are www.titon.co.nz fittings that www.compressedaircontrols.co.nz here in palmy sorted for me. Mine are the Female. So 3/8 NPT Female on one end. 3/8" push connect on the other. Was pretty stoked when I found them, as my existing hose threaded straight into them. pretty sure they available in 1/4 and 1/2 too
  8. Didn’t have the factory headlight buckets. So brought some Narva plastic universal buckets. They were a little small to fit the screw holes in the guards. And also didn’t accommodate mounting the trim rings. So I 3d printed a couple of adaptors in PLA. Worked well enough for v1. 80s lavender eyeliner trims on. The radiator and hoses are coming together. Seems like it will work. Just a little tight for space. Beneath we relocated the outlet to the side. I Cut a hole in the Grill support bracket, and welded on a "c" shape
  9. Thanks @kyteler Yea its coming together amazingly. would highly recommend to save a rooted classic. Hopefully not much more to sort before cert is possible.
  10. Fixed the Steering clearance issue with some Altezza/crown/jzx parts. All surprisingly similar to ls400. But fit 15inch wheels much better. Fuel Tank is still slowly coming along nicely. Just a bit more welding to go. Rear Bumper back on using factory irons. Cardboard air tank also in place. Alloy version should be ready this week. 8 weeks after ordering. Fitted Grill and Front bumper today. New bumper "iron" made up to work with the lack of room. Time will tell if it was a good idea to weld to the spring
  11. Struts are all welded up, thanks to my brother Matt for the excellent work They Passed their non destructive test at Stork in New Plymouth, And are now Painted, assembled and installed. The Front Raised and Compressed. The Rear, Raised and Compressed. Appears to be clearance. Will check again when I have some Air pressure in there. At its lowest point. It appears to be 10mm to the sill in the rear. And 20mm to the sill in the front. But I also discovered this Problem now things are going back together. Not 100% sure on h
  12. Front and rear struts test fitting before welding up. Car at lowest position. 30mm to front sill, 10mm to rear sill, from the ground. Still trying to get my hands on some Moon discs to cover up these. But loving the progress. Welding next, then will be sent away for Non Destructive Testing in New Plymouth.
  13. 3d printed some mock strut bottoms to check clearance, and heights. Then cut up some 4mm wall thickness pipe and milled out the adjuster dial, and plug weld holes. (first time using a mill in 9 years) \ The 3d printed bottoms showed that the rear bush needed to be offset to allow for clearance for the upper control arm. 4 jaw chuck on the lathe made quick work of that. Matt Tig welded the base together for me. And then I tacked them all together for their first trial fitment. Just need some wooden bushings to centre the b
  14. So many goodies turning up. and a few to order this week. These are the Air bag struts I ended up with. Left it a bit late, and apparently Boss are discontinuing these. Which doesn't surprise me, as they couldn't even provide photos or decent specs on them. The larger set, for the back, were the 2nd to last pair boss nz had. The shorter pair, fpr the front, I found on good old fb market place. The larger rears have 145mm travel in the bag/shock. And bolt to the hub. So are 1:1 in there movement, to how far the sills will be picked up of the ground. The smaller fronts,
  15. Installed some of the suspension to measure how long the air bag struts need to be. I have ordered Boss air suspension universal air struts. (she should be 10-20mm off the road at the pinch welds. Possible less.) 3d printed a boss kit, to adapt my big steering wheel, to the cut up, factory steering wheel. (note the slightly repositioned cruise control stalk ) I have since printed another without all the holes, and with a few extra little cosmetic details, to be used as the pattern, to have one cast in aluminium. Stripped, rust killed, and Painted th
  • Create New...