nothingsfree's beams dx...

nothingsfree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks boys, Iv built this car purely for me, but its still cool to hear that others like what youre doing.

In regards to the Hippo Liner, that stuff sticks really well, you would proly need a stripper or flapper disc on a grinder to take it off?

But unlike underseal, it goes hard, so its really easy to clean, you can just hose it off, stuff doesnt stick to it.

As for the harness bar,checked the rules, and the harness bar doesnt have to be on the main hoop, it can be anywhere on the rear stays, so we just made it right at the bottom of the rear stays, so it also doubles as a strut bar/brace.

As for the harness bar,checked the rules, and the harness bar doesnt have to be on the main hoop, it can be anywhere on the rear stays, so we just made it right at the bottom of the rear stays, so it also doubles as a strut bar/brace.

Ah yes, there it is in the shadows, my bad.

Nice colour choice. will look very aggressive.

Are you happy with the xyz coilovers?

does that offset piece at the top of them feel nice and strong?

Trying to decide between xyz and parts shop max for mine at the moment.

Keep up the great work!

Thats good to know nothingsfree, I've got my front end apart at the moment so it might be worth doing the sump mod now while I've got it apart to change the timing belt.

BTW This thing is off the hook, cant wait to see some video of it running. Enjoy yours travels!!

• 6 months later...

Thanks guys! Yeah after taking it for a wee drive on Friday, Im so tempted to just throw everything back together and take it to the track. But I know if I dont finish off the little details now, they probably wont happen, and it will end up bugging me. So yeah, next week is about tidying up the wiring, getting the fuel sender, gbox wiring, and front lights etc all sorted. Then its onto the exterior!