nothingsfree's beams dx...

nothingsfree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hah yeh they pretty gay. dude in hamilton mods the stock ones, to a proper lsd, installs ramps etc. work pretty mean. got one in kp. but may as well get a jza70 trd one, as arent much more by the time you supply std diff for the guy to mod. just need some slight mods, to make trd irs diff work in live diff.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sweet deal! That's a sweet way to have good geometry + functional back seat... You're basically building my dream daily . :x

Engine build will happen in the next 2 weeks once Uni is all over for the year. I have a pile of bits and no time to piece them together at the moment. Need to chop a bit more firewall to make clearance for trumpets + access to the last coil pack and tidy a few things up - the goal is still to have it done before December 18th for testing though!

Sweet deal! That's a sweet way to have good geometry + functional back seat... You're basically building my dream daily . :x

Yeah same, cant wait to actually drive the thing lol.

Whats your plans with the engine etc?

Im just sorting out what Im doing with mine at the mo, picked up some 3s Tanabe extractors, so will see if they will work in the dx. Also sold the auto engine and picked up another manual one, figured if Im gonna refresh the engine, I might as well start with a manual one. Just gonna do bearings, rings and a general freshen up, also have a Toda 0.3mm head gasket that will bump the compression up to bout 12:1.

:P , I was wondering who bought that gasket off Simon...

I'm doing exactly the same with my engine and may add cams a bit later on. Undecided on how to get the extra compression now - looks like we'll end up decking the block a bit but a thin gasket is probably the best way. Apparently the pistons can hit the head if you take too much off.