What to do? - Mild Steel intercooler piping

SHGWAG

DO NOT GALV, Its horrible stuff unles your building a boat trailer or a farm gate.

Zinc should be fine however if your going that extreme you could almost just get it chromed I think ($$ though)

I reckon just oil it up a bit or leave it as is as it wont develop to flakey rust stage for years by which time I assume you'll have a stainless or alloy one anyway??

I know of a chap who may be able to do you a good deal on a custom made one of either stainless or alloy

I use a waxy spray for storing my rotary parts, sticks like shit to a blanket on ferrus metals. I'll see what its called.

DO NOT use POR15 on anything that isnt rough, we made the mistake of POR15 a brand new degreased chassis and it all flaked off without the slightest adhesion.

Rofl just squirt a bit of CRC up your intake every 5,000kms... be like NOS au.

I use a waxy spray for storing my rotary parts, sticks like shit to a blanket on ferrus metals. I'll see what its called.

DO NOT use POR15 on anything that isnt rough, we made the mistake of POR15 a brand new degreased chassis and it all flaked off without the slightest adhesion.

Rofl just squirt a bit of CRC up your intake every 5,000kms... be like NOS au.

Did you use metal ready to prep the steel before the por 15? I thought the documentation said it is ok on smooth surfaces if you do that.

• 4 weeks later...
get it electro plated in zinc.real tidy looking. cheap 2

It's pretty much impossible to electro plate the inside of any pipe.........due to the electric field.

Unless of course you put the electrode inside the pipe to start with, which realistically just isn't going to happen.

Steve