Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought a PCV valve was just a one way valve, but obviously is lets shit out of the engine, and must let air in if its best to be filtered? So what does the valve do?

Guess I could tap it into the back of the filter base plate, in between the center quads, dont really want all the scum going down one intake.

mine aims at the airfilter, for no good reason.  but it does make for a self oiling air filter when it does the 4age trick.     used to have a hose as you suggested.  mostly oiling the rust.   but plumbing it into the base plate  is probably the best idea.   (long as you keep an eye on the oil level in the can)  only use a pcv if its on the engine side of throttles.

where did you get your itg filter from?

I've just started changing lots of stuff around in the engine bay, trying to make it all a bit tidier, so the catch can will now be behind the head light/infront of the air filter, so will see if the engine sucks in the stank, mite not have to plumb it in after all.

I got the filter from this place/guy, he's the NZ agent. He does motorsporty stuff on the side (has another day chob) real nice chap to deal with.

www.motorsportbitz.co.nz