Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine how good that would look without a sunroof. GOLLY!

Look you, stop being silly. The whole inside of the roof is different, I would have had to find a hood liner and do a roof chop to get rid of it. Then my future bald head would miss out on sun burn and then cancer.

Imagine how good that would look with the meshies painted gold. GOLLY!

GOLD? Noooooo that would not suit. I like gold meshies, but wouldnt suit this thing TBH.

Have you considered putting foam cubes in your tank?

Hmmmmm no I had not, not sure if the fuel gauge sender unit would like that, haha. 

shouldn't surge on ae86 tank, unless your too cheap to put more than 5 buck gas in it.

Yeh, thats the thing, it never used to do it, and nothing has changed. It seems to only do it when you have around 1/4 of a tank or under, and I know the obvious answer is to just not let it get that low, but it still shouldnt play up like it is. So either the gauge is out, or something has happened in tank while it was sitting all those years.

One theorem I had, is that because the tank sat, uprite on its end fo so long, the weight of the pump hanging off the cradle has bent it slightly, so the pick up is a bit higher up and pointing to one side? Guess I will just have to pull the tank out and have a nose. Dont really want to have a surge tank, so hopefully somethings obviously not rite when I pull it out.

shouldn't surge on ae86 tank, unless you're too cheap to put more than 5 buck gas in it.......      ooooooooooh... yeah, it will surge for you.

:|

hmm yeh, thinking you will find something when you take the pump out.   pull it out when its at the level it starts surging, do some measuring. have found if pump sits even a touch to high, makes them surge alot earler.

its a 80's toyota, tank is probably half full of rust.

Maybe the cause of the surging is the pressure differential due to having no proper roof...

trollface_17-403125921.jpg

• Like 5