Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just the skin, but the two halfs are glassed together, cant really part it without ruinating it, its a cunt of a shape/design.

Would cost shit loads to have one made from steel, as they would have to make the whole thing from scratch.

My other plan, if this one continues to be a dick, is to cut out all the bog and dodgy bits, rape tape over the holes, flip it up side down and then pour resin in (which I will get from a fiberglass place so I know its fresh) untill its near on solid, and then I can grind/sand away at it to my hearts content, without it getting too thin/being a cunt.

Your build thread title causes my brain to catch on fire.

I had way to many cups of tea that day, sorry.

Can we just do some of that 3m wrap over the whole roof? Will look factory as two tone/light weight

If we did it in clear, then I wouldnt need the sunroof panel, and it would keep the rains out!

• 2 weeks later...

Adjust the float level on your carbs bro. 

How old is the fuel? 

On my WAT?

Gas is brand spanks, flushed the tank out hard cone as before I fitted it, twas super clean up in there. I have a new HP filter which i've had for years but never fitted, so will chuck that on, as its under the plenum which will need to come off so I can check all the other vac lines n shit under it. It rings out sweet as, so dont think its a pump or blockage problem tho.