Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I could put the open diff I took out back in, but the bearings on the pinion are shitting themselves. Also, its a lot of fucking about, when I would have to change it all back over again later/i'm getting too old for this, ha.

I need this LSD in my lyfe/to be working correctly, the cars no fun without it.

Has anyone on here pulled a TRD LSD to bits before? There is a very small chance two washers are missing out of my nugget, but fucked if I can find any good info/pictures to confirm/deny this. The little washer thats still on top of the center stack in the first pic in the below link, that fits inside the outter most pressure washer, is not in my nugget, BUT I cant find any other pics on the net that show this washer?

http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/rear_axle/LSD_Rebuilt/LSD_Dissect_Analyze_3.htm

Step 1. Weld up open diff head for drag day.

Step 2. Send the LSD to Steelie Gears like I suggested 2 months ago!

I already have a welded head, not keen to drive to auckland and back on it, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I now know what the problem is. Like I said, I wanted to learn how to set these suckers up, and everything else is sweet, its the second hand LSD that i've not used before thats the problem. And the problem with it is that the last owner paid a mechanic to rebuild it, ha. I really have trust issues tbh.

Man locker is only a pain when you are parking, auckland trip will be sweet. I will be mad if you don't get this to the drags and break something.

Its already broken to be fair, do I atleast get some points for an early start?

Im taking out my LSD and putting in a locker just for drag day

There is a starter motor on the line remember!!

Haha, really? Would a locker be any better than an LSD for low power drag racing tho? Fuck, I forgot about starter motor.

I totally understand re. trust issues. I'm exactly the same. But some fights just aren't worth fighting in my eyes and rebuilding diff heads is one of those things. It's not through lack of wanting to learn how to do it either. I'd just hate to miss a race meeting because I forgot to put a washer in because I'm not doing it for a living every day.

Good to see you've found the problem.

• Like 2