Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you old cocks ,you can fix this easy ,if bango has the bafflles in the bango weld on some exhaust tube and make sure its about 4 mm away from side gears or lsd and fill .the exhaust tube will stop the oil going down the distance tubes

philip island kills pinions quickly through turn 1 at 200 kays

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

More modern toyotas have flexis built into the flanges by having a cone shaped gasket thing and springs in the bolts.

You can get them easily in 2.5" 2.25" and downwards.

Using one on the end of extractors on mine partially because I can reuse the gasket a zillion times when pulling motor in and out and it still seals. And a bit more forgiving to the exhaust if it scrapes on the ground or whatever.

Id rather have 10ft of pipe swinging on a cone seal or a flexi than putting all that shizam onto the exhaust studs/welds.  All Subarus and Hondas have them.  Cant speak for Toyboata

Only time ive seen it be a bad idea was the pre-turbo one a mate welded in that got all melty and took Mr turbine wheel with it.

• 2 months later...

They do similar when TVIS opens, maybe its just a weird intake resonance thing?

What's changed since the tune?

I'm picking the intake (doort filter) and exhaust changes could have done it.

I'm 99% sure it didn't start straight after I changed the filter/exhaust, and i've changed both many times since it was tuned, that's why its a bit strange. It seems like its gone out of tune without anything physically changing? Mebbe the link has lost its mind? It would be nice to work out whats changed, because I want to re-flash the ECU with an update, and then get it re-tuned. Don't want to do all that and find out something is altering the tune.