Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw some fuel at it  and it will be like t-vis torque  all over again

When i was messing with mine.   dropping the small exhaust off at collector, would make a run so lean at one point in rpm, it would just die.  Hence 3".  Cams do silly things.

Also you are likely able to hear if you are getting revision, since you are running open  throttles.   if your intake note has a bark to it at one point in rpm, likely getting revision.    if have a clean dort throughout  the rev range things are grand.

• Like 1

I've never had the pleasure of feeling TVIS kick in, its been removed on every blue top i've driven.  :(

Also, the intake sound hasn't changed as far as I can tell, just good old fashioned dort all the way through.

Hope to get the wide band on it this weekend and have a play.

Something I forgot to mention, is it started not idling when it came off the choke/cold also, assume this may also be related to lean-ness.

• 2 months later...

Holy fuck. Sell Levin, buy V8 Merc.

Supercharged C63 with ~600hp or so. Was awesome. 

It's a huge friggen heavy car though so it's still less than 2 seconds a lap quicker than the 86 was.

I've got some vids of it having a go on the skid pad, traction control only lets the car do about a 1/4 turn before weeing in its cereal.

The Alfa needs another muffler for sure haha.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video Roman, was neat. Yeh, my simpleton mind was blown by the merc being able to go from the quietest car there, to the loudest at the push of a button.

Have heard many good things about Fenix radiators/have one my self but haven't put it in yet. direct swap with your standard one I believe

I was having a geeze at them on TM also, but they seem to be the exact same radiator as the redline one, just more expensive. TBH, 80% of the alloy 86 radiators i've found on ebay and ali seem to be the same radiator. Must be a busy China man pumping them out.