Vintage Grumbles AE86

Brock-Lee

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you Tom. I did do it a tiny bit too low under the diff, should have been about 20mm higher up, but still has plenny of road clearance, and diff hardly moves/no suspension travel so it seems to be alllllll G.

Think I will put a tip on it tho, as I think i'm detecting a very slight rasp. I hate rasp.

• 1 month later...

Get more aggressive, it'l work. but soon as you back out of it, will understeer again without plenty of grip up front.   Good e-brake probably more useful for autocross, than beating down on your clutch.  Just ain't no 4age vid without some clutch kicks.

• Like 4

+1 for upside down throttles.

lack of rear end grip will make it easy to slide around. everything will happen slower. leave it in 2nd and let the wrath of 4age torque do the work for you.  fun, but you'll come last.   More towards neutral and heaps of grip on both ends, will be way faster, but will have to drive more aggressive and quick on the wheel to make it work. 

only difference between my grip and drift/low speed skid around setup on kp, is tyres.  t1r's all round for grip.  then something the same size but with less grip on rear for skidding around.  just to make it oversteer a touch.  don't be tempted to run skinnys on the rear, learnt that the hard way.  still grippy in straight line but no cornering grip.  which is almost more annoying that understeer

looks heaps of fun anyway, jealous because i haven't been to the track for ages