Waimaks's 1981 Rusty Brumby

V8Pete

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

J5 - you rule - not only are you a snappy dresser, can roller skate like a princess and a famous radio DJ but you can fix rust like a demon...

Carry on with the good work my man. I want this done and on the road for Nats '14.

Thanks

• Like 1

RE: powerfiles If you buy the correct length belt sander belt (so full width not midget ones) you can just cut them to width and it is sooooo much cheaper. 

I have only used an electric one but god damn it is a handy tool.

Damn you are getting this shit done! That tailgate came up lush

• Like 1

Might have to look into finding one of these belt sanding things in the next wee while. Just been hooning through the cheapest flap discs possible so not too fussed.

My chinaspec metal nibbler shat its pants before I'd really used it so its back to tinsnips. Which sucks for the stuff I'm doing in 1.2, 0.8 is ok though.

And somehow my Photobucket account has burned though 12gig in 4days, WAT.

Pretty sure pictures make my repairs look better than they are, I'm just hoping that I can get the right shape back into everything with minimal bog.

Also

Watching this closely I got an 81 leone coupe that's gonna be getting this treatment soon

Choice!

Yeah I can't see shit.

My brumby is under cover at the moment. I took it off the road so it wouldn't get too rusty. Now I've replaced the rust in the doors with metal it mostly needs paint and valve stem seals.

I've got some parts off the one I scrapped if you need any of them, but freight might be the killer.

-mint tailgate

-ok front fenders

-ok doors

-ok bonnet

-random other shit.

I had Impreza seats I'd modofied to fit original rails but think I might have binned them when my mate gave me heated leather mondeo seats.

PM me if you need any of it.

Yeah I can't see shit.

My brumby is under cover at the moment. I took it off the road so it wouldn't get too rusty. Now I've replaced the rust in the doors with metal it mostly needs paint and valve stem seals.

I've got some parts off the one I scrapped if you need any of them, but freight might be the killer.

-mint tailgate

-ok front fenders

-ok doors

-ok bonnet

-random other shit.

I had Impreza seats I'd modofied to fit original rails but think I might have binned them when my mate gave me heated leather mondeo seats.

PM me if you need any of it.

I may just take you up on these items. Will see if the tailgate will still attach to the car (its warped thanks to me welding)

Will also try sort pictures out, don't really want to pay photobucket for more bandwidth, but can't be assed rehosting and editing posts.

Blarg.

I 'finished' patching tailgate today. Its quite shit, pretty wobbly, and a bit warped now. Havn't tried it on the car yet.