Romans COD piece

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus are you going off road at that height to smash the sump

I dunno but I've got no idea how people drive around with way lower cars haha.

The worst one was a dukes of hazzard impression over an unexpectedly elevated set of train tracks crossing the road.

Then various road bumps, speed bumps, etc. 

dave how low is your pan, mines about 110mm at its lowest point at the moment on my car .but it might have something to do with how low is your car suspension 

or in other words from ground up to the center of your guards how high is your front where wheel sits ,my car 610mm and back 620 mm to the center of the wheel arch 

and last what do your lower arms look like from the front are they leaning up to the struts ,or leaning down to the ball joint 

My sump is about 85mm off the ground at last check, but lower since I've got these temporary tires on front which got me back from taupo.

also perhaps a little less since I tipped in slightly more camber.

The lower arms lean up towards the centre of the car, as I've got RCAs.

The factory sump is pretty awesome, when you look at the cast alloy piece that bolts to bottom of engine as well.
Definitely leagues ahead of Gen 1&2 sump that was just a single piece pressed "swimming pool" design heh.
The dipstick hole being enlarged obviously acts like a drain to sump, perhaps same for other side. 

But maybe one of those things that works well on street tires but not so well on track tires under heavy braking where a lot more oil tries to slosh back up on top.
Definitely seems like intentional design decisions, for whatever reason. Unless it's a manufacturing thing perhaps.
Dont really hear of people blowing big ends quite like you do with earlier engines...
Altezza engines usually have a titanium valve break, then break the cambelt, then fuck the entire engine.

Is screwdriver part of TRD package or nah?

People always go on about a flat head V8, that's what they're meaning right?

• Like 1