Romans COD piece

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The Dunlop Star-spec's I got for the sebben made the same statement re: standing water and thus far I've found them to be fairly good in the wet, probably because I was expecting them to be shit. That said, it certainly sticks in your mind to tread carefully around standing water.

• Like 1

Yeah I've heard really good thing about the star specs.

However I couldnt find them in 205/50/15 for whatever reason.

The wear rating on these is supposed to be pretty horrific.

But not bad enough that I'll have that hesitation of not wanting to waste the tires driving "normally" like semi slicks.

Maybe being on a light car it'll be not too bad.

I did a few braking tests on a wet road to get a feel for it, but yeah they seemed fine. 

I guess it's just the aquaplaning on large puddles where you need to be cautious. Although if it's that wet then should be driving cautiously anyway! 

Interesting about the tires. My bro-in-law has spent a REDICULIOUS amount on huge r888s for his Falcon.. Has confused me since they won't last

R888s are a beautiful thing. 

If I had the budget, and could find a second set of wheels that fit.

I'd buy a second set of wheels with R888s or similar, for trackdays etc.

Then keep T1Rs or something similar on there the rest of the time for road driving.

You should, it was so much fun!

Had a few interesting moments...

Car stalled at the end of a stint, right in the entrance back into the pits off track. Had a big queue of cars behind me... embarassing.

Car started again after sitting for a minute or so, havent looked at the logs yet to figure out what might have happened here.

Also I had my foot hard on the brakes, then the pedal softened and fell about 5mm then went hard again...

I suspect this was the last of the lining shearing off the brake pads on one side up front haha.

Drove home with brake bias wound all the way to the rear.

Havent pulled pads yet but I suspect they're well and truly nuked.
Sounds like its metal on metal, hopefully the disc isnt too beaten up.
No fade or anything though which was great.

Yokohama AD08R

Still a road tire, but pretty aggressive tread pattern and compound.

Not noisy at all like R888s and dont pick up marbles off the track. 

They felt faster than the very old R888s I had last time, but would be a fair bit slower than brand new semis. 

Which gives me the shits as it felt super fast in corners as is, miles ahead of previous!

Full slicks on a hot day must be epic.

• Like 1

I looked at a few options for the seven, some sounded good but the only reviews were for bigger cars and I wasn't convinced they would act the same on the smaller car, in the end I went with name brand of something I've used before that's also a tyre used on the 2K cup which is generally smaller vehicles. I'll see if I can find the names of the ones I almost bought. They'd probably be ideal for a BMW.

I looked at a few options for the seven, some sounded good but the only reviews were for bigger cars and I wasn't convinced they would act the same on the smaller car, in the end I went with name brand of something I've used before that's also a tyre used on the 2K cup which is generally smaller vehicles. I'll see if I can find the names of the ones I almost bought. They'd probably be ideal for a BMW.

Its a small BMW only 1500kg 135i but need either 18s or 19s . A mate recons it will eat what ever Tyre I put on it . It hangs on ok but nothing where you would put all your faith in