Romans COD piece

Yeah it depends on the shape of your adaptor manifold, whether it would suit silvertop or blacktop throttles.

As blacktops have the silly shaped exit hole, silvertop a bit rounder.

Yeah I think there are some bikes running bigger throttles than that. Some of the other options are trickier to adjust the spacing between the throttles, I think the GTR ones are in cast pairs?

I was browsing some Honda forums and a lot of those guys run 50+mm or 60mm quad throttles, they've got off the shelf kits... but they cost a friggen fortune!

the cast adaptor i used has heaps of chunkiness to shave off to be either blacktop or silvertop.

and yes GTR is cast in pairs, but that shouldn't be to much of a problem. We shall see.

• Like 1

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The K head isn't cam on bucket, so you get a huge advantage there in terms of lift and allowable cam profiles. Low lift flow is paramount to making a motor drivable, and again Honda killed it in this respect. Basically it isn't much trouble to get a Honda head to flow 370+ cfm at 28", which is phenomenal. Also it is reasonably common to see K series on 60mm ITBs, which is needed to keep up with 370 cfm.

The real magic of hondas is how they manage to keep a 99mm stroke bottom end together at 10,000 rpm...

• Like 1

Not too sure to be honest.

Does your engine have standard cams still?

In other news, I've been pestering Link to add an RPM based table for setting the inner/outer ratio for the staged injection - They've said it'll be included in an upcoming firmware version, yuss!

As currently you can only go by MAP (Boost=MOAR INJECTORS!) or TPS which isnt too useful for NA stuff either.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice development work on the airbox!

Something about that long airbox simulation is ringing warning bells for me. 

Shouldn't there be some boundary layer effects visible? 

I would expect to see some effects akin to fluid flow between two plates (but 3D) what does the velocity contour look like? 

When cross sectional area is that big the airspeed is super low which is why i think no boundary layer visible at that scale. and also why bends dont seem to matter as much.

Using a 20 micron surface roughness as a random guess.

the k20 has rocker arms are you sure if you work out the ratio that they have the same as direct on bucket as in 260 to 320 duration or are you looking at the high cam and not the smaller 1 

most cam on buckets are 1 to 1 ratio the k20 might be 1 to 6 ratio etc