Romans COD piece

I'm imagining it'll be fairly rowdy compared to before... With no small diameter pipes there's not much blocking doort noises either I dont think.

When I've driven the car with just bare throttle body its friggen noisy.

• Like 1

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay thanks, what is the actual clutch plate that you use, obviously there isnt a Toyota one available because its normally dual mass.

3SGTE clutch plate or something?

As I think mine obliterated itself because it was a cheap aftermarket unit. But not sure what's actually better to use.

Yep but the clutch plate on the factory dual mass flywheel doesnt have springs in the middle, as they are in the flywheel instead.

So if I tell the shop I'm not using dual mass they'll give me a sprung centre.

you drinking again dave ,the springs in the flywheel is to stop harsh harmonics and for better take off, the clutch centers still have springs 

i have bought 3 toyota clutch and pressure plates from lindsay at touronga toyota and are all from altezza and the clutch disc has springs 

My stock clutch plate had 4 heavy rubber bushes rather than springs.

The after market one that went in from memory heavy springs.

Edit: not my pic, but the same as what came out of my Altezza

p1010066.jpg

/Fuck I need to ditch the dual mass shit.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Like the look of the zorst, and have build my turbo manifold from a 3D CAD model, was a guide more than anything, but certainly helped.

Are you doing a 4-1 or a 4-2-1?

Was hoping to see a graph comparing one to the other ;) and whether one complements the VVTI tuning more than the other.

Probably pay to focus attention on the collector(s), Burns do some real nice stuff (collectors / megaphones) you could use (or try to replicate).

• Like 1

Haha, no graphs but give it time...

It seems regardless of whether manifold is aftermarket or factory, the total length to the 2>1 or 4>2>1 seems to be about the same in each case.

Which means the extractors finish somewhere under the passengers feet. So probably impractical to make a 4:1 thats any good.

Could probably keep the existing 2>1 section and just make a different 4>2 and see how that goes.

To be honest though I've got no idea how you can quantify the change in how an exhaust manifold does its thing.
Would the fuel requirements change? Or is it just one of those things you cant tell without a dyno.