Romans COD piece

ahhh i remember when i fitted simis to my car for the first time too......absolute gold!!!! i reckon they'd be worth the equivalent of 20% extra  power easily, proper slicks that factor again, easily.  I had 230 rwhp 4agte and was getting completely smashed by 160 whp 4k starlets etc

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like quite large diameter pipes?

Making new extractors has fallen to the CBF pile haha.

a full set of semislicks is biggest thing on the agenda!

also these dreadful tires I've got on the front, are actually really great at soaking up bumps. The car's a lot nicer on the street compared to T1Rs.

Might buy shitty tires with soft sidewalls for the rear too, for weekend driving etc.

I made the inlet manifold for the niva off the cad model, printed out a full scale plan view and front view of each runner to line up on and then normal shots of each curve to aid cutting the donuts, was actually really easy in the end, if only my fab skills were up to it!

• Like 1

Probably a little (a lot) outside of my budget though!

R888s are something like $1600 a set these days.... yikes.

R888s have gone up in price significantly since I brought a set.

Need a new set. Thinking about the price makes me dizzy and I buy them wholesale.

Fantastic tyre though, wet or dry they just work. And last well if your cars set upright. 2 years and a huge amount of laps on my 1st set.

Yeah now that I've got a pair (even though they're fairly nuked) it seems a bit more affordable to get just another pair.

Not sure what other options there are though, Achilles 123 are cheap but people say they overheat easily, which is exactly what I want to avoid.

DZ03G is another semi slick worth considering, probably one of the best semi slicks available, havent priced a set up in a while but they will be up there (or above) with the R888's price wise. A few mates have been running the Kumho Ecsta V710 semi slicks. They only have two grooves in them and some wear indicators, pretty much a slick, so they dont handle standing water/heavy rain that well. Mate reckoned they were a second quicker over the Nitto NT01's he was previously running, they lasted longer and were cheaper than the Nitto's too.

• Like 1

Hi there,

Just using the functionality built into Solidworks.

It's very cool, you should definitely have a play around.

Feel free to flick me a PM if you want some more info on how to set it up etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the motor bangs on the bonnet as it is, stupid tall thing! (Only because of the staged injection though)

If I tip the motor on an angle to raise the lowest part of the sump, it also raises the fuel rail into the bonnet. Bugger.

I think stiffer front springs is the best bet, as I've currently got ~85mm ground to sump. But front springs are currently probably something like 5kgmm.