For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

its been in the pipeline for a while

bought about mostly by drifters skidding off the road and killing themselves

and also hellaflushfitmentpokestance form>function

youd be surprised how many cars get knocked back for tyres rubbing, and the owners idea for a fix is just get some camber arms so they can wind a heap of camber in, or preload the springs or put the shocks adjustment on way hard so it doesnt have any travel.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the 'natural' camber that comes about when you lower nearly any car with independent suspension?? Do you have to buy / fabricate parts to correct that to within a degree??

Lame.

just got back from certifier training.

new rule- re camber, max is now original manufacturers specs, plus half a degree.

thats going to be difficult........

What about shit as old cars that pretty much have positive camber. That is going to be balls as

I know you aren't meant to but it's probably going to be simple enough to wind in a tiny bit more after cert. how is anyone really gonna be able to tell?

Be awesome to see less shitty Silvia's etc with 90 degrees camber

Also I'm guessing that if car doesn't need creating then can still wind in a million degrees and pass wofs?

If one wanted to slam a vehicle, but have it legal, what do I need to do?

Captive springs?

Are cut springs ok?

With a cert can you have blocks greater than 2"? Or do you have to re-set the leafs?

Certain amount of droop?

Certain amount of travel?

Even with a cert, is there a minimum hight rule?

Regards, VG.

My understanding that its half a degree more then the highest point of the range. Usually a manufacturer will give a spec angle for camber and then a range. E.g a cars meant to have half a degree plus or minus half a degree. So you could ran an extra half on top off that... so in total this fictional car could run a total of 1 nd half degrees negative... older cars with positive camber are potentially going to be negatively effected but it's not as bad as it initially sounds... but as with most things common sense and experience will prevail...

Keegan signed in under mark.

Hi I dont know if you can help me but thought I would try.

structural rust repairs.

do these get signed off by a lvvta class 1C certifier or one of those vsf.org.nz certifiers or someone else?

bit of a knob question I know, Ive had a hunt around and cant really find a definative answer?. any answer would be sweet

cheers

yes thats correct- half a degree more than factory range of adjustment

Does that mean adjustable camber tops won't be certifiable if they can be adjusted outside the 1/2 degree allowable? (me thinks yes not certifiable)

i doubt that would happen. it would be unreasonable, a factory suspension adjuster could be adjusted outside of oe specs.

Rights. My viva passed it wof today but I was advised that my wheels do not match the cert plate. Car is certed for 13x6 alloys but I have fitted widened steels in that width. Luckily the tester was a gc's and has just told me to get it sorted. I either have to swap the wheels for alloys or get it re-certed with the steels.

My problem is that I don't have any form of receipt for where the steels were widened. I'm pretty sure they were done by elite in Chch but ages ago. They appear well made, spin true, hold air and it was noted when it came to balancing that they were even.

What can I do? Kendall who certed it said I could just get one wheel crack tested and that should provide sufficient enough proof of quality to the certifier.

And how much will I expect to pay to get my plate changed for different wheels.

yeah i have a similar question, when i was getting my cert plate fitted to my lancer was having a yarn to the fella putting it on, when i mentioned id be putting different wheels on it eventually he said oh that will make this null and void you realize?. i was like nah.......? really?

if true seems pretty dumb cos people change wheels on cars all the time without the need for a cert? or is this only true for widened rims...