For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the wheel thing has only bcome an issue recently for some reason, i have done a couple of plate changes for different wheels lately

its cheaper than a full cert, but only if nothing else has changed.

if a car is returned to original, the plate gets removed and sent back to LVVTA, and they take it off landata (nzta computer system)

Yoeddy, does your plate say 13x6 ALLOY on it?

Yeah 'alloy'. What's annoying is that I have seen many a cert plate with just the wheel size mentioned and nothing about being alloy or steel. But unfortunately mine states 13x6 alloys. Bugger.

I rang don hoff and yeah I have to get them crack tested. Then he'll change the plate for $110.

So I went to a place that does crack testing among other things- a marine turbo place. They would have to bead blast the paint off and then test. All four wheels would cost around $ 400! And then the wheels may well fail the test...

I'm better off getting new widened steels then...

Or alloys.

This is what I'm thinking. I've seen the welds after I had them blasted and they are good quality. They spin true and balance up easy. No leaks. Professionally made. I'm happy with them. Shame I'm not a lucky bastard like 10speed with his plate.

There is not really any point in having full insurance if you just swap back to legal for a wof. If you crash and you have steelies on, the insurance company might not pay out due to not being up to wof spec

Unless they can prove that the wheels caused the accident they have no real grounds to deny a claim