For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

On 15/10/2021 at 16:47, AllTorque said:

The virm has just been updated to say cameras can be used in place of mirrors, but it would need to be on all the time the car is on, not just in reverse.

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vision/rear-view-mirrors

Your 720 Is class NA (Ute) so must have a right side and either an interior OR left side mirror.

(See tables and images in the link above)

New flat deck utes usually get spacers/extensions for the wing mirrors.

So if im reading that right, RX3 Is MA therefore a internal rear view mirror is ok?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, AllTorque said:

Yes, Pre 2000 MA only needs a right wing mirror or an interior mirror,

BUT, if you have tints, you must have wing mirrors on both sides.

(See note 1 in above link)

sweet good to know, have just deleted mirror holes off my doors a couple of weeks ago ha!

• Like 1

What the go with cutting down the footplate of an auto brake pedal during a manual conversion? In case the manual pedal I've found doesnt actually work, I'll be looking at cutting down the auto brake pedal on my crown.  Cant find any real info about this in the car construction manual.   I'd be using another toyota manual rubber pad as a template, however i'd ideally like it offset as far to the gas pedal as possible.  Is there a rule of thumb in this situation, eg at least x% of the footpad must remain on each side?

Just now, The Bronze said:

Can someone confirm or refute that I have to take my car to a VTNZ for a wof when I want to take it off hold? Or can any garage do the wof? Please and thanks, your friend, Mike.

Any garage, hold is taken off when you buy rego.

VTNZ for pink/green sticker removal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thorburnville said:

Is there a distance an exhaust must be from steering components? 

In my case I've got a steering shaft in an e36 that I'm trying to squeeze a downpipe around

Yes. 

Must have enough clearance that the two can't ever touch, if an engine mount breaks then the engine should never be able to rock over and jam it , a steel or alloy u joint can't be closer than 25mm and a rubber rag joint 50mm , or 100mm if there's a catalytic converter 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cletus said:

79 is when rear belts became a requirement,  so technically, you won't need them. 

Good idea to fit them though, if the holes are there already. 

Haven't looked for mounting points yet. Need another storage shed before i take the rest of it apart. Can't rush these jobs.

Cheers for the info.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Potentially looking to get rid of the yuck taillights on my Mk6 Mini and replace them with far cleaner looking Mk2 items that bolt straight in (so I'm led to believe). Only problem is they don't have provisions for reverse lights. Everywhere I've read says reverse lights need to work if fitted, but not an issue if they aren't fitted. Can someone confirm this. My WOF guy is pretty chill, but I don't want to test things too much.