si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

The local cert guy wants us to put “tube nuts” in as the upper seatbelt mounts. When I google them I can’t find anything. Does anyone have a link for something similar? 

They should provide you examples of what they'll accept / expect. They may want a certain rating of whatever the fuck that is lol. Worth asking the specific certifier you plan to use what they are wanting exactly

He just showed me a picture on the Lvvta book. I’m just struggling to find them online to buy

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The local cert guy wants us to put “tube nuts” in as the upper seatbelt mounts. When I google them I can’t find anything. Does anyone have a link for something similar? 

Try searching 'seat belt barrel bolt' 

This was common in 50s and 60s cars when lap and diagonal belts became a requirement

20200708_205904.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that’s what he was talking about.

will look into finding some cheers for that.

These guys may sell em. http://www.fiddymont.co.nz/

Could just get some off existing belts if no luck there. I have a few small ones (fuck knows where, just recall having some) from belts wrecked. I'm sure others have some in their bolt buckets.

Can you make two piece brake rotors by machining the hat off an OEM solid rotor and drilling it to suit an aftermarket hat?Not sure on materials used but a mates Celica has had this done in order to change stud pattern. Perhaps they thought there wasnt enough room to redrill them?

received_702580846970030.jpeg

@cletus @KKtrips

I want to put a datsun 620 through cert for a ld20t . It has kingpin and trunnion front suspension and drum brakes all round at the moment.  I wi be running fairly small tyres likely 195/60/15 so nothing huge to load brakes to much. And I guess prob a 4.1 diff.  Bear in mind the ld20t is not exactly a powerhouse 

In your experience will the drum brakes after being rebuilt, new shoes, cylinders and whatnot, pass the brake testing? Or am I pushing shit uphill even trying to get them through. 

Or do I need to go to ball joints and disk brakes?

Please and thankyou

Does it run the way it is? You could try it and see

Most likely it will need to pass a 3 stop brake test, which is 3 stops from 100- 0kph, under 4.4 seconds each stop, in a total of 2 minutes max.

I have not done a 620 with drums so I dunno how good they are. But commercials in general have brakes a bit bigger than passenger cars of the same era so it might be ok with good quality shoes and everything in good shape  

• Like 1

Just now, JustHarry said:

@cletus @KKtrips

I want to put a datsun 620 through cert for a ld20t . It has kingpin and trunnion front suspension and drum brakes all round at the moment.  I wi be running fairly small tyres likely 195/60/15 so nothing huge to load brakes to much. And I guess prob a 4.1 diff.  Bear in mind the ld20t is not exactly a powerhouse 

In your experience will the drum brakes after being rebuilt, new shoes, cylinders and whatnot, pass the brake testing? Or am I pushing shit uphill even trying to get them through. 

Or do I need to go to ball joints and disk brakes?

Please and thankyou

*4.6 or 4.8:1

• Like 1

Just now, cletus said:

Does it run the way it is? You could try it and see

Has no brakes at the moment they need a rebuild as everything is pretty seized.

I'm sorta hoping that since thyre not a super heavy ute and the ld20t although turbo will still be pretty slow, it might be ok. 

Hi can I change the 14” rims to 16” rims Without any worries on a 95 Toyota dyna? It’s got a hubo and cof etc. only gets 90kmph before the engine noise gets to me. Cheers and sorry for new car question.

The hubo will be/should be calibrated/correct for a given tyre size so unless you magically end up with the same rolling diameter I suspect you'll be doing something naughty

• Like 1

From VIRM 

tyres have an outer circumference that is no more than 5% greater than OE

Look into different diff heads? Would at least keep the hub odo accurate, speedo / odo would be out though. Unless you get that calibrated too.

/earmuffs when on the open road, sorted.

• Like 1

@cletus Couple of Q's for you when you have time :) 

Do you see any issues with the modifications done on the link below "in principle" to allow the front of a 1952 Belair to be airbagged?
https://www.lowrider.com/how-to-tech/chassis-suspension/0603lrm-cheap-air-bag-suspension/

Do you see any issues with using the below kit to allow the rear of a 1952 Belair to be airbagged?
https://www.jimenezbroscustoms.net/product-page/1949-1954-chevy-car-2-link

If my questions are to broad just let me know