For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so the new camber info sheet has come out and we can't exceed OEM Camber + 0.5 , fine whatever i can make it work to be legal and legit.

My Question Regarding Cert is on front strut's with incorporated spindle (Datsun/ style )

So what about taking the camber plates rotating them 90deg by drilling new holes to use them to gain additional caster?,

The static camber would be fixed , caster would be increased by sliding the plate as you would for adjusting camber, high speed stability would be increased and the front wheels would stay centered in the wheel guard and rubbing would not be an issue.

New holes would need drilled in the strut tower.

Does this mean that it's certified to run platform adjustable coilovers at all? The vehicle currently just has a standard strut/shock combo.

I'm picking not.

you are correct sir.

Ok so the new camber info sheet has come out and we can't exceed OEM Camber + 0.5 , fine whatever i can make it work to be legal and legit.

My Question Regarding Cert is on front strut's with incorporated spindle (Datsun/ style )

So what about taking the camber plates rotating them 90deg by drilling new holes to use them to gain additional caster?,

The static camber would be fixed , caster would be increased by sliding the plate as you would for adjusting camber, high speed stability would be increased and the front wheels would stay centered in the wheel guard and rubbing would not be an issue.

New holes would need drilled in the strut tower.

in theory that would be do- able

however then you would lose any adjustability as far as getting the camber correct

and most cars get a fair amount of caster increase from lowering the car anyway, usually more than the spec on the sheet. last thing we need is someone deciding that caster should be within half a degree of what the sheet says, that would royally fuck things up

My camber plates have already been installed and certed. In the rear the maximum camber I can dial in is -2 degrees. I can't go any more positive than this without basically re-doing it.

I'll be putting my car through the certing process again once the new engine is running.

When I do, am I exempt from the new manufacturer +/- 5 rule since the modification was certed before the new rule?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Sorry guys, still batting on about camber rules but -

I've found this picture in regards to the camber in my MX5. Seems to be a factory guide on adjusting camber and recommended levels. Design in the hairdresser express means it gets more camber as it gets lower. MX5's came in many different ride heights over different years...

If these are the factory specs - what should happen if my car has a shorter ride height than what is stated in the guide? say i'm running an 290mm ride height?

18.gif

I might take this info with me if an amendment hasnt been made to the shit rule, and try and battle my case with it.

legit?

I always loled at measuring a cars "height" from guard to hub center : flares/rolling arch = instant fail

is it not how they do it currently?

Yeah it is how it is measured for Cert. Unsure what the "instant fail" means.

I always loled at measuring a cars "height" from guard to hub center : flares/rolling arch = instant fail

Well it's due to the relationship between those being the same regardless of tyre wear and profile changes etc etc.

And a cert is a final ok that you car is deemed safe so going and again changing things again makes it null and void regardless.

Flare and or roll your guards prior to cert and = not instant fail.

In the eyes of NZTA your car is finished when you decide to certify it, hence why the entire car is checked and recorded during the process, regardless of whether those are the mods you are wanting to get certed.