Maruia Moped Melee, 10, 11, 12, March, 2023

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13/09/2022 at 12:08, RUNAMUCK said:

Take a big one. Room for @Geophyand @Beavertoo!

I'd say easy take down 4 bikes. Me & @64valiant (If he wants) will be 2/4 capacity. WIll hound the boys to see who else will join. I think a mate of mine, Zac wants to come too. He'll be riding my adventure spec 1973 Honda CB100.

Been a long time since I have been to the Braeburn and Matakitaki, I did quite a bit of clear felling under the new transmission line we were building through their and it was the roads used in the last NZ International Rally to be run in the South Island, we sat on the Inter 4x4 and watched them them going through.

scan0018.thumb.jpg.37d18aae87e8686a2afd7d4cc877058e.jpg.

I am keen on this one, might have to find some dual purpose style tires for one of my 150's.

I also have a Holden Ute with a towbar if needed for backup although the LS1 will chew through a bit of juice.

• Like 5

On 19/09/2022 at 08:16, holdenman said:

Been a long time since I have been to the Braeburn and Matakitaki, I did quite a bit of clear felling under the new transmission line we were building through their and it was the roads used in the last NZ International Rally to be run in the South Island, we sat on the Inter 4x4 and watched them them going through.

scan0018.thumb.jpg.37d18aae87e8686a2afd7d4cc877058e.jpg.

I am keen on this one, might have to find some dual purpose style tires for one of my 150's.

I also have a Holden Ute with a towbar if needed for backup although the LS1 will chew through a bit of juice.

Unless you're 4wd, you might struggle to negotiate some of the route.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, EEL BIRD said:

Wankbank, pretty keen on giving this ride a crack. Definitely be keen on a bit of car pooling to get down. How did the A100 hold up last time? Will definitely be changing up tyre combo for this one and make a air box. 

Don't forget a spare carburettor

• Haha 1