Maruia Moped Melee, 10, 11, 12, March, 2023

RUNAMUCK

On 15/11/2022 at 22:37, EEL BIRD said:

Wankbank, pretty keen on giving this ride a crack. Definitely be keen on a bit of car pooling to get down. How did the A100 hold up last time? Will definitely be changing up tyre combo for this one and make a air box. 

The A100 is the minimum I reckon. Had to really ride tye shit out of my clitch to get up some of the hilly stuff. Fix that seat though if you care about your arse!

Jump in with me on the way down eh?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, WankBankA100 said:

The A100 is the minimum I reckon. Had to really ride tye shit out of my clitch to get up some of the hilly stuff. Fix that seat though if you care about your arse!

Porika is the most challenging part of 2023... to be fair that's not a small ask!

2 hours ago, WankBankA100 said:

I've seen how much you abuse your clutch on the flat so not sure that's a fair measure haha

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, WankBankA100 said:

Ya I will be fitting a lush old man sheep Skin! Will start working on a better wheel and tyre combo. Maybe some better shocks for the back that actually move up and down over bumps. 
 Definitely keen to jump in and share driving, fuel and sharns. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EEL BIRD said:

Ya I will be fitting a lush old man sheep Skin! Will start working on a better wheel and tyre combo. Maybe some better shocks for the back that actually move up and down over bumps. 
 Definitely keen to jump in and share driving, fuel and sharns. 

What shock length are you running? The whites #8 320mm B are what I run. Ain't too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Should look at working D’Urville Island into the ride one year. I know that for those of you that haven’t been out to French Pass are going to fizz, and getting over to D'Urville, especially with a bike, is pretty rare. We did it about 20 years ago on an organised trail ride, and I see the adventure bike guys go over there fairly regularly. 
https://www.remotemoto.com/articles/durville-island/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently cruising the French Pass road and taking some short cuts which are turning into the long way round (been a while since I rode my dirt bikes through here and they didn’t have pannier bags), but you guys are going to love the roads out here. When I figure out how to downsize the photos I’ll post them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 02/01/2023 at 15:31, Whoopeecock said:

Currently cruising the French Pass road and taking some short cuts which are turning into the long way round (been a while since I rode my dirt bikes through here and they didn’t have pannier bags), but you guys are going to love the roads out here. When I figure out how to downsize the photos I’ll post them. 

I drove out there on Tuesday, looks to be alot of grey area to go pesting on at the end lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2