Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, it was something that came up when I was looking at cars to tow behind a bus, maybe I got that bit wrong

Apparently all saturn autos can be flat towed, they have some funny features

Really I settled on one of these, a more practical pt cruiser

image.png.970154287b6de24945dab418d8530355.png

• Sad 2

@JustHarry

This is a auto trans from a saturn that can be flat towed all day at 65mph

That's the pump shaft on the left, sort of inside the input shaft, and the output shaft on the right.

From my understanding that allows the vechicles motion to spin the pump when the engine isn't spinning it

Screenshot_20230726_201038_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

That's pushing the extent of my knowledge on autotrans's, Iv only seen the inside of 700r4s

• Thanks 1

I'd flick them a message. Checked my previous orders and it says warehouse NZ. But NZ Toyota can't order the parts so I really doubt that is accurate. USA order may ship direct from Japan rather than between warehouses first maybe.

Try another NZ address? I just added the top light to cart and it makes no mention of the shipping issue. I haven't hit go though, so perhaps that happens when you place the order.

edit, saved all my cart items and left just the light. added the other two items and shipping stayed the same. I'd still not be 100% convinced they have stock. But i'd try another addy and try again.

light.jpg.17e6987c570f6f2b8039197cc9d81ca0.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bling said:

I'd flick them a message. Checked my previous orders and it says warehouse NZ. But NZ Toyota can't order the parts so I really doubt that is accurate. USA order may ship direct from Japan rather than between warehouses first maybe.

IIRC, from my experience NZ Warehouse means it ships from overseas to their NZ warehouse, and then delivered to you from there (hence the cheap freight cost). It also takes a while to get to the NZ warehouse from overseas

• Like 1

Removing dent from a fuel tank? Car sat on the ground sans wheels so a portion of the tank got pushed in so more of a depression than a dent

Have got popped half of it out hammering a  wooden pole thru the fuel pump hole but cant get to the corner to finish the rest of it off

Tack weld a nut on the base and slide hammer it out?

Make up some blanking plates and use a waterblaster to hydroform it or compressed air?

1 hour ago, HighLUX said:

Removing dent from a fuel tank? Car sat on the ground sans wheels so a portion of the tank got pushed in so more of a depression than a dent

Have got popped half of it out hammering a  wooden pole thru the fuel pump hole but cant get to the corner to finish the rest of it off

Tack weld a nut on the base and slide hammer it out?

Make up some blanking plates and use a waterblaster to hydroform it or compressed air?

I'd try compressed air tbh. Put 120psi on it, and warm the dent with an oxy acetylene torch. Set up camera to film the dent popping out.*

*pleez dont.

But compressed air is what I'd try

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I'd try compressed air tbh. Put 120psi on it, and warm the dent with an oxy acetylene torch. Set up camera to film the dent popping out.*

*pleez dont.

But compressed air is what I'd try

Might try this

Whats the worst that could happen

More bush mechanic googling says that you can get results from stuffing an inner tube in the tank then inflating it to pop the depression out. Could be a go since its in the corner by the fuel pump hole so I can stuff it in there then use a length of timber to confine it to the dent

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, h4nd said:

@Ned or @kempy Topward TOPWARD 6303A Dual-tracking DC bench power supply -working up your way

image.jpeg.48cced0bd968c9398535a474f33967ca.jpeg

$50bux so far https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/electronics-photography/radio-equipment/amateur-radio/listing/4250718955

(sorta temped, but I have 4 bench PSU already and it'll be too heavy to courier, really)

cheers, i have 2, but could always do with a 3rd if @kempy isnt gonna bid?

• Like 1