Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, JustHarry said:

This.

Those ratchet ones really need to be able to fold or pinch the metal . With the plastic in place this doesnt work that well 

Then if you've taken it off might aswell drop a bit of solder on it so it will never pull out

Solder in a crimp connector? Some parts of the internet claim you will die of syphilis for such activities 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Solder in a crimp connector? Some parts of the internet claim you will die of syphilis for such activities 

Idk about yous but crimp terminals especially those pre plastic ones from supercheap/repco always manage to work loose.

Use quality crimp terminals. Drop of solder and a quick heat shrink. And you've got a joint that will never have a bad connection or pull out.

It's not rocket science.

/I'm sure most of you actually know this 

Ling

• Like 3

On 21/08/2022 at 12:10, Bling said:

Just don't forget to count the engine on hours, that is the main thing to look for remember. Check the gloveboxes for Barries 3B1 book with all that data recorded.

I know I'm way late but modern cars will even tell you how many times the starter has been engaged, how many warm up cycles it's been through, how many services it's had, how many over revs it's had etc. etc.

So fuck your mileage.

:tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JustHarry said:

Idk about yous but crimp terminals especially those pre plastic ones from supercheap/repco always manage to work loose.

Use quality crimp terminals. Drop of solder and a quick heat shrink. And you've got a joint that will never have a bad connection or pull out.

It's not rocket science.

/I'm sure most of you actually know this 

Ling

Use heaps of them on high vibration stuff at work.

The good quality lugs will hold on until the wire breaks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Yowzer said:

I know I'm way late but modern cars will even tell you how many times the starter has been engaged, how many warm up cycles it's been through, how many services it's had, how many over revs it's had etc. etc.

So fuck your mileage.

:tongue:

Modern cars including a Swift?

Impressive if so, didn't think they'd care enough to let grandma check her engine stats.