Alex and Hannahs bushblock shinanigans. Look at my deck..

yoeddynz

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing is. If you paint it now, it'll stick and you'll be fine. But if you decide not to paint it, then applying it later will be a prick of a job and it wont stick as well. I love having a painted floor cos oil can literally be mopped up and when you slide around on the floor you don't get concrete dust all over your back.

I'll look up the product we used at work cos we re apply every 3-5 years in a heavily used workshop and it's bloody great stuff.

• Like 1

Use Resene products.  They seem to be the best.  Aquapoxy or something like that I used on mine and several mates have too - a 2 pot mix and you can chuck it on not long after the concrete has done it's 28 days.  Bit funny if you drive on it too soon, i.e. give it a few weeks to harden before putting tyres directly on it.

Good progress too, very envious of your spare time and motivation to do it.

• Like 1

Use Resene products. They seem to be the best. Aquapoxy or something like that I used on mine and several mates have too - a 2 pot mix and you can chuck it on not long after the concrete has done it's 28 days. Bit funny if you drive on it too soon, i.e. give it a few weeks to harden before putting tyres directly on it.

Good progress too, very envious of your spare time and motivation to do it.

Yes and aquapoxy is nice to use/doesn't stink

Cool. Will look that stuff up. Best get a shed up first..

So today we extracted the truck from its cobweb encrusted park up....

20141129_133836_zps9907cdf5.jpg

Front tyres a little flat... that'll be 2 hours with a track pump then.. ha. Wish us luck on drive out. It's bloody windy about today so hopefully it settles for our early morning drive out. No Internet till we next hit civilisation again on monday. Must book telephone man.

• Like 5

Fuck yeah, it's 400 odd per cube here.. almost double

what bunch of theives. fucken near cheaper to get it trucked up from Timaru. 

I was quoted $300/m3 for 25Mpa, but it was a 2 1/2 -3hour return trip from Balclutha to site in Catlins........ and appearantly i can get it cheaper from another company i didn't know existed 

. No Internet till we next hit civilisation again on monday.

paradise found !!

have no intention of phone or webz at my Catlins retreat for many years. neighbours have phone for emergencys and i can shoot down the end of the valley for cell coverage.

Yeah... Except it's not a holiday home, it's their regular home...so not having internet/phone is probably just a pain in the arse day to day.

hoping for my place to be permanent before long.

the valley i am in has shittly copper and the rural postie would be quicker than email !!

yeah will wait ages before applying anything.. which most likely means some oil spills because Pommy cars

the moisture test is to tape down a piece of clear plastic over a 1mx1m square, if no condensation forms then she's good to paint.  Mine was 4 weeks from laying and paint hasn't lifted anywhere.

Ooooooh internet. On our land from the comfort of the truck or even out at the picnic table. Wow. Yeah this is cool. Its not that bad speed wise either- certainly way faster than the steam powered lot we had at the campsite!

Soooo as promised here I am to bore you all with updates on cabbage tree growth...

This bad boy here on the left has been busy popping sprogs out..

20141210_175549.jpg

Of which Hannah collected some and planted them here...

20141210_175456.jpg

I shall keep you all updated with how they are going and that is a promise!

In other news we removed the boxing from around the slab in preparation of shed kitset arrival. Note the fine looking weather and remember that.

20141207_170839.jpg

Because we started assembly on our 9 day late shed in this....

20141210_163332.jpg

9 days late!!! Very pissed off with this service and quite upset at the position we have been put into by the suppliers. I am going to start a discussion thread on what we should expect and can do in this situation. See here...

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/46196-shed-company-has-made-a-mistake-that-we-are-paying-for/