steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping with the sofa analogy;

problem is that a small child can push a sofa around a lounge floor, but you need 2 grown men to end-on shuffle it into a house and lower it down as you move it through a doorway in a narrow hallway, so probably also need 4 times the crane power to do something similar

Good luck Manu :) if only there was an easy solution

Yeah that's not silly actually. Start with it on its end, then as you drag the bottom end towards the lines lower the top end gradually.

the sheer impossibility of this is amazing,..  as someone who works with trucks/cranes/diggers I just have to say facepalm.

straight out the gate he'd be needing two cranes with longer reach, massive $$!! plus if i understand you correctly you propose the cranes steel cable can pass through the power lines? or does it get rigged under the line and the swing out of control when the second crane takes the weight?

Honestly dude best solution is a decent roughy set up in the side street, if you can tell me the distance from the point where you think you can set the crane and the approx weight of container, I can tell you roughly the size of the machine you'll be needing, eg a 80 tonne roughy will lift 6.5 tonne at 20 metres out from the crane base (that should cover your requirements i think??) 

yeah WE will be a bit busy i guess, such is life.

YES dirigible, keen

IceCubea210114.jpg

...And it read Ice Cube's a pimp

Is the container just steel at the moment? Or is there wood in it?

Cut I 3 and reweld? May be cheaper than crane... If its even allowed...

• Like 1

lined with EPS sandwich freezer panel and that's it. container already painted in 2pack, not keen for any more hot work.

should have got 2 x 20'ers!

there is more welding to do on it anyway, unfortunately. needs tags on top for roof bracing but they couldnt be done pre-paint as they made the box over-height for transport. and welding to steel plates in the footings.

any of you chaps want to magic me an 'acceptable alternative' to bracing the roof to the box?