Aaron's Mean Green KP61.

Aaron

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I understand insurance is that as it was their fault (Im assuming it was?) and if they have insurabce then they will cover your car.

I think.

I guess the issue is whoever evaluates it might think its worth 2g and the damage is more so they write it off. So this is where Full Cover comes in handy as you have a written agreement that its worth 4g or whatever.

Well thats the way I think of it anyway, could well be wrong.

re insurance companies, if there's no police visit at the scene, no witnesses, and no clarity of 'at fault' - they do 'knock for knock' and pay their own claims.... which in your case would be nil.  Hopefully you had a police visit to the accident, and when drawing the diagrams and statement of what happened, there's no room for interpretation of who's at fault.  In that case your insurer should be chasing her insurer for the pay-out.

I dont know how much you loved your car but I have always gone with dont daily what you dont want to lose. People crash all the time, Auckland sucks so much arse to drive around in peak traffic. Almost every time I go out I have to avoid some numb nut trying to crash into me.

Sucks about the car man, hopefully you get paid out more than you expect.

Rats dude, best of luck with the insurance co. Whether 3rd party or full you should get a copy of your contract in print/go over it well because either way you might have to know your shit very well very soon, they can be bastards.

I dont know how much you loved your car but I have always gone with dont daily what you dont want to lose. People crash all the time, Auckland sucks so much arse to drive around in peak traffic. Almost every time I go out I have to avoid some numb nut trying to crash into me.

Sucks about the car man, hopefully you get paid out more than you expect.

Man I love that car, I would class it as my first OS car (other than the Scorp)

And also I'm never getting the Scorp back, the guy I sold it to doesn't want to give it up haha.