Leadfoot Cruise, Hahei 3rd November - Photo's/Blog Post Added

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i fucking heartily, heartily endorse this product!!!!!!!

such a brilliant place and Rod was so good to us.

thanks so much Karl/Amy for organising this and please let Rod and you dad know how much we appreciate it.

also old school should be very proud of the lineup of cars that represented us. SO many top autos, pats on backs for everyone!!!!!!!

Thoroughly appreciate all the kind words, thanks guys.

I have to say though that this would have been no where near as good without the level of dedication of the OS members into cleaning and completing their cars.

Thanks to all that came and brought their sweet cars.

Mega thanks to Amy and Karl. Cripes that Rod Millen is a likable dude. I feel real privileged to have been there. Also loved meeting a few more OS boes. What a great bunch of chaps.

Next time I'll make sure I'm not uber hungover so am a bit more punctual ha ha. Thanks for waiting up for me though, that was very nice of everyone.

Edit: Richy your photos are wicked as usual.

Also, couldn't thank Karl, Amy and Rod enough for organizing this. Such a super sweet place. I can easierly justify the price of going to leadfoot now

And thanks from me too, Karl and Amy. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole day. Well done on a great event.

I'd be a 'starter' for the Leadfoot event too.

David.

+1 thanks for the awesome event Karl and Amy, and of course Rod himself :D

My only regret (apart from forgetting to bring a catalogue to get autographed!) is that I never got around to asking Rod personally about the 4WD setup in the SA22C... it's something that's fascinated me for years, having played around with 4WD Mazdas for ages and ages. But it was nevertheless awesome and somewhat humbling to see him taking the time to answer various questions and shoot the breeze with so many of us... and of course letting us all fang up that sweet driveway afterwards!

Count me in for any OS-related club stand if the idea comes to fruition.

More photos here - I'm looking forward to the rest of Richy's photos, and others too. I have a couple of videos to upload as well, both are walkarounds of the SA22C and the Pikes Peak Celica.

8152834988_1f5aef5b53_b.jpg

Love the photos!

Thank you all so much for coming along and enjoying yourselves, Rod made it very clear how grateful he was that you all appreciated it and represented oldschool so well. Glad we could share it and you are all very welcome- I'm sure he'd have us back again anytime!

Sorry the pub burnt down haha

Thanks again!

I never got around to asking Rod personally about the 4WD setup in the SA22C... it's something that's fascinated me for years, having played around with 4WD Mazdas for ages and ages.

Its a custom setup by Weismann in California.

millen1.jpg

I'm not certain on any specifics, but if you had some questions I could be seeing him next week and could ask them.

back home now was an awsome weekend, was a blast to meet so many north island GCs, still laughing about all the cheese in the fag block (that will only make sence to those that stayed at the camp ground) will post my pics of mainly drucken acts tomorrow. and ryanfels I probley did meet ya I was in the esky with karl and amy if that helps?

Cheers Karl and Amy for organising, and Rod and Shelly for hosting us and giving away the tickets that I won! So so stoked with that, topped off a mean weekend. Can't wait for the festival proper now!

We had a good trip back to Taupo, the Kawasaki performed flawlessly the whole weekend until just out of Matamata when one of the exhaust header clamps decided to make a break for the road. Such a noisy last hour haha.

Richie that photo is so so choice. Ringadingding

back home now was an awsome weekend, was a blast to meet so many north island GCs, still laughing about all the cheese in the fag block (that will only make sence to those that stayed at the camp ground) will post my pics of mainly drucken acts tomorrow. and ryanfels I probley did meet ya I was in the esky with karl and amy if that helps?

This makes you the tallish guy with the longish blonde hair?