CAD drawing library

Spencer

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Looking for a CAD file for blacktop ITB trumpet flanges. Ive found one that makes all 4 out of 1 piece but i want to make 4 seperate ones

I've got these drawn up.  even an injection mould tool to make straight trumpets in different lengths using neoprene (like the BT trumpets) and various other flanges like dcoe.  future project :)

• Like 1

I've got these drawn up.  even an injection mould tool to make straight trumpets in different lengths using neoprene (like the BT trumpets) and various other flanges like dcoe.  future project :)

Can you make a 100mm trumpets for my silvertop?

yeah the tooling is expensive.  could produce a trumpet for like $1 ea.  but when the cost of tooling is added in,  be looking at retail price round $8-10ea.  still hell of a lot cheaper than any metal equivalent. 

wont be this year bobdylan

• 1 month later...

if anyone needs a CAD program that's pretty much an exact copy of a few versions older autocad - Draftsight is free and apparently pretty good.

http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight/

or if anyones a student, you can get student versions of prettymuch any autodesk product (the makers of autocad) for free if you can prove youre enrolled at a uni etc, its all on their website too www.autodesk.com

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of any software that will convert a silhouette image cleanly into DWG? I can clean up myself, but looking for something to save some effort. Ones i have used so far are rubbish unless an original CAD exported PDF file that still has the points embedded in file or however it works.

Just scan it as a jiff, open it as a sketch picture in solid works and scale it off the size of paper you used when scanning it. Then either auto trace it or manual sketch over too of it. Works pretty sweet