Spencer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hi Oldschool dot co dot n zed

Want these two logos cut out for a house fence project. Text will be modified to show our address and front view of a bird with a less detailed silhouette. Will draft it myself once i can bring myself to using Crap'O'CAD again.

Whats the general rule of thumb for how sharp a corner and detailed i should be drafting?

logo1eu.jpg

fmpflyingowl300dpiblack.jpg

laser cutting can cut to like 0.1mm, corners can be anything down to 0. Only potential issue I can think of if is the minimum width of plate left for a given distance but when you send the file through to the laser cutters just ask them if there are any potential issues and they are generally pretty helpful as they wont want complaints etc

• 2 weeks later...

whoops my host went down and i didnt check it. back up now and have a sweet vps so wont go down again.

link http://cad.10-5.info/

chucked all the stuff in the first post up there and chucked some stuff i had floating round up. put my rb26dett itb plates up as the one in the first post looked a bit lacking in some stuff as all i saw in DS was just holes.

will chuck some more stuff up slowerly as i remember what it is, all my shit when i was at work was saved as part numbers and not usefull files names haha. have drawings for adjustable bucket seat brackets which ill put up at some stage, though these need to be folded but no reason why you couldnt just cut and weld.

Your best bet is use the correct program or just search online and find a converter but its pretty flaky. Illustrator would have been better I think as you can save as a dxf straight out of the program but export using arcs and lines rather than splines if possible as splines are pretty yuck

Yeah, I downloaded a little program that converts files into dxf and dwg files, but when I sent the file to the laser cutter, it didn't work.

I just opened my eps file in Illustrator and exported it as both a dxf and dwg. I'm sure I had already looked in Illustrator to see if I could do that, but must have missed those options somehow. Anyway, I sent the new file to the laser cutter, but it was blank when they opened it. I guess I'll have a look around for a proper CAD program instead.

Mikeys option is probably good for this situation but for future in my opinion just get that draftsight program which is free,

you can open up the dxf/dwg and check it, make sure all layers are turned on, visibile and not frozen. I think type "layers" into the cmd line.

If you still have trouble then you can send it to someone here and we can check it

Possibly man, I have a shit load of electrical layout drawings for sub-devisions, allot of the time they are bundled with all sorts of other crap in the xrefs they are drawn on. What are you after them for?

I'm still recovering from Bathurst but I intend to sort this thread out in the near future