EURON8/Chickity - House Pimping.

EURON8

50?? Cripes.

You could probably live in my double garage, which is situated in between my shed and my house.

Yup, it's very odd... doesn't feel all that small, only a 2 bedroom, one fairly large, kingsize bed, big desk, filing cabinet, junk etc. The other room is a double really but currently has a queen bed plus junk/drawers etc. Lounge/kitchen etc all reasonably big... just laid out well? The number makes no sense but measured it up (roughly) when empty and it's about right... "magical 70's design m8!"

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It warms my heart, to think that the little lada with the black eye, will have a lovely shed to live in.

Well done.

It's also big enough so it's family can stay with it ;)

Side note VG You'll be pleased to know I can source everything I need for her. But am currently trying to find it in NZ first haha.

• Like 1

Yeah, storm water detention tank, so as not to overwhelm the soak pit in the yard that manages our rain fall.

Seems excessive to me, but I'm not a drainage engineer.

On the upside, the deck, and by default the yard, now look considerably less cluttered with the tank no longer lying down in the middle of it.

At 1800x2000 it took up a significant amount of space.

Fortunately I'm not a total wally and can use a tape measure so it's a perfect fit between the deck and shed.

• Like 1

Fortunately I'm not a total wally and can use a tape measure so it's a perfect fit between the deck and shed.

Sounds like a story to be told!

Nice work guys, looks spectacular.

PS  like the minimalist gutter/water tank connection ;)

If we turn the valve off the water will stay in there. But it doesn't currently have an outlet to allow us to access the water for other purposes.

Something we can install at a later time if we decide it's necessary.

Given that our waterbill is currently about $30 a month, and there's so much other shit that's way more important to focus on, that probably won't happen for a while though.

Yesterday the windows went in.

All that's left to happen is the roller door, which is going in on Saturday. Then it's all complete and we've just got to wait for signoff to start using it. Unfortunately there a couple of things to get done before that can happen. So we're probably looking at 2 weeks ish.

Glass and stuff!

7AB23F5D-61AC-47AB-8512-2E3F84B5DB9B_zps

Closeup glass and stuff. Also lots of mess.

5ACBADC4-C8FC-4B5E-A609-9A749FF75670_zps

• Like 7

wow, build time has been a small fraction of the making room for it time!

now you can knock over that ultra huckery, but somehow still lincoln proof 'fence' on the side of the deck.

bags not shovelling more dirt through those new doors :-) (do they both open or is a single slider?)

• Like 2