zep's 1965 HA Viva

zep

But I think they'd pick up ISUZU on the rocker cover before they realised it didn't come with disc brakes.... maybe. Who knows, will see how it goes.

Re the brakes, SL90 trim level came with discs, so if you can get the brakes looking like they have been there a while I doubt many WOF guys would bother trying to prove its not one.

/tail lights would be an instant give away to anyone that does know HA's though lol

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have seen that. Surely I could just make a manifold similar to what they use for DCOE webers?

I need to re-read that post Gordo made about tweaking the 1256 too, he mentioned something about the balance ports, etc.

I'll have a yarn to Tony on the weekend and see what he recommends.

Cool, top gauge it is!

Sweet car man, drive it over and take me for a ride!

Leave the motor and just roll as is. 1.3 is still going to be slow as shit anyways even with big carbs and extractors. I would spend the money on lowering it properly, new bushes, fluids etc.. And painting the Gem.

edit: Ive got a spare set of 40's from the Strada if you want to give them a go.

I loved following this after waiouru. Looked so dinky on the road and I just wanted to pick it up and play with it. Hannah took some photos. I'll post em soon.

I think just run the engine into the ground and enjoy cheap fun motoring. Then swap in an easy to get hold of 1256. Cheap engines and they go fine for what is expected of this car. I have owned and driven plenty and in a lightweight chevette they are fine and fucking thrifty on the gas. It'll never be a rocket ship unless you spend some coin and even with the standard engine it seemed much better up those hills than I expected it would fare.

Check out the vauxhall viva forum as Paul bottomly on there has spent loads of time getting with his HA and knows a fair bit of stuff about them. Top bloke and bloody helpful!

Abarth, I can literally add 50% more horsepower by doing minor mods to a 1256. Also, a single 40 might be good, they are Dellortos?

Haha, Ive heard that before.

They are solex's but they still run fine and bolt up to a weber DCOE manifold. One should work in theory there as they are jetted for 130hp so using one should be good for 65 horse.

Go to pick a part and get a single point fuel injection system off the Fiat Uno / Punto as those engines at 1000cc - 1300cc. They look identical to a carb purched up on the inlet manifold.

I would roll with standard engine and get the handling and brakes sorted first. Those ball joints and bushes must be stuffed by now.

tbh when I first saw this my initial thought was 2jz and that Oke20 corolla and powercruise. Then read the part about mounts :(

do you want lush sound, or just sound?

I got away in my old shitty corolla for years with just a pair of 4" speakers up front - never going to set the world alight but good enough for singing along to Katy Perry etc....wait, wat? /she wasn't making music back then but I digress.

how about a false panel under the dash with speakers mounted on it, them some type of fine cloth over it so you cant see the speaker. would just look like a black/colored panel

Good idea. Maybe I can get some oldschool cloth from an old radio or something, would look pretty cool!