zep's 1965 HA Viva

zep

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a false panel under the dash with speakers mounted on it, them some type of fine cloth over it so you cant see the speaker. would just look like a black/colored panel

Good idea. Maybe I can get some oldschool cloth from an old radio or something, would look pretty cool!

Stocking material is excellent for making unobtrusive/hidden speaker covers.

Update from the weekend:

1. Stalled at a traffic light and wouldn't start again - I think there is a shit load of gunk in the fuel tank and the line got blocked. Eventually got it started.

2. Right hand indicator stalk movement now does nothing. Push it down and nothing happens at all. No idea how it happened but will have to look into it.

Anyone know if 1600 Hillman Strombergs would be decently sized for a "HOT" 1256?

re: indicator, my triumph did that. pulled the stalk apart and there was a piece of wire that moves when you move the stalk and it touches a contact. the wire had snapped off. could be a similar setup/problem on the viva

also, sure twins off a hillman 1600 (they will be stromburg 150's no doubt) will be way too much carb for a 1256? single 1 3/4 SU (HS6) would be rad