• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

All of the foam dribbled out.

Thanks once again to MLR and Stacked's Yahoo delivery service!

28291206264_3b944caf93_c.jpg

This is one of the factory option component headunits for the 1985-87 Japanese Ford Laser, as seen in the catalogue at bottom left. Will be used if I ever go down the restoration path.

Also, suppose I should post a photo of the only item I scored from Palmy Swap Meat 2016:

28291466694_f2156f77a1_c.jpg

Had been sitting out in the rain for a while before I stumbled across it, lying untouched in a trailer full of Valiant parts. After I paid the old boy he started spinning a yarn about how he'd pulled it out of his old VF after it ended up in a ditch upside down, and his mate cheerfully chimed in with "yeah that's right, I was in the car at the time!"

Left it to dry in front of the heater back at the motel for the rest of the weekend, but I'm yet to hook it all up to see what happens.

It's all a bit beaten up anyway, and if it doesn't go, at least I can use it all for spare parts. I'm not sure who made the bracketry, but it would definitely hurt if swung at someone in anger.

• Like 6

After I paid the old boy he started spinning a yarn about how he'd pulled it out of his old VF after it ended up in a ditch upside down, and his mate cheerfully chimed in with "yeah that's right, I was in the car at the time!"

Sounds like Bart....

• 3 weeks later...

Governorsam generously donated this Pioneer CDX-6105Z to my collection over the weekend while I was down south for the meet. Massive thank you sir!

28687861434_faed2375c4_c.jpg

After getting home from Hanmer I looked through various catalogues and turns out it's a factory option CD player for the later Series 4 FC Rx-7, which is damn close to Sam's original guess of it being from a Familia/Laser like the tape deck in my previous post. I thought it was too; the similarities are there but the button design and colours are slightly different, and the plug doesn't fit the Laser tuner module.

So I don't have any way of testing it just yet, at least not until I manage to acquire some factory Series 4 audio as well.

As mentioned in spam, it also caused some minor consternation going through Customs on the way home! I'd packed it carefully in my carry-on luggage and naturally the scanner at Christchurch airport picked it up as my bag was going through the machine. The Customs officer who then had to search it promptly started foaming once I'd unpacked it for inspection - he was an esoteric vintage and retro audio collector of some sort. He was cut short by the lady behind me also needing her baggage inspected, and seemed mildly disappointed at losing the prospect of spinning an epic sharn.

For reference, this is the CD player mounted in a Series 4:

pcuVqoU.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 years later...