Ed's vintage Pioneer car audio projects

0R10N

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for bringing this topic back. Im interested in getting some pioneer gear for my car, i have been doing a bit of searching and found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pair-of-PIONEER-TS-X8-Car-Audio-Speakers-/371278773676?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5671f07dac

I can get it here for price + $30 shipping. If i could score it for under $100 would it be a good deal? or should i just splash out on some TS-X11's?

How can you get them for only price +$30 shipping? Says 120nzd for shipping on the page. If not they look very nice condition and i would play that price plus 30 for them. I have the same ones, bought them of orion. They sound nice too.

TS-X11s (and the TS-X9s) have better bass response, but if you are paying any more than $100 plus shipping for a pair then it's not worth it. At that point you're just paying for the image/prestige, rather than any real advantage over the other models.

TS-X8s and TS-X10s have partial metal enclosures, and sound fine paired with a small sub for bass fill.

In a nutshell - if you can get a set of decent working Pioneer shelf speakers for under $100 to your door... do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there,

I recently bought a Pioneer KP-77G which is not working (motor does not run, electricity is fine).

While searching for info about that device, I found your thread.

I looked several times closely to the video but could not figure out where you actually installed the AUX.

I found the left and right channel on my 77, but only direct output to the amplifier, i.e. treble, volume, bass have no effect.

Here is a picture of my 77: http://s23.postimg.cc/vbig4q8zv/IMG_20151024_212258.jpg

Do you have any photos of your hack? Or any idea where the left, right audio is on my 77? 

Thanks for any help!

I'm also here as well for more info on chucking an aux in.

Have got myself a KP-88G with an AD-50 equaliser and a slim pioneer amp to go with the cassette player to put into my 1200 Ute and the cassette aspect of the unit is buggered.

Was hoping you could help me out with where you spliced your aux cable into so I don't end up frying the unit / my phone.

Cheers in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I've found that each deck is slightly different based on how the amplifier circuits are constructed, so there is no single "attach AUX here" solution for me to suggest.

Usually I splice the AUX in as a line level signal. There are some exceptions though, one I headunit I modified didn't require passive attenuators and another one hooked in after the amplifier but before the tone/fader controls.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone feeling particularly flush? Sounds like (no pun intended) the cones might need some work though.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-stereos/speakers/pioneer/auction-1002316073.htm

Good sounding speakers when in working condition, baby brother to the TS-X11s so are metal cage construction and have a surprising amount of low end.

432833177.jpg

• Like 1