i5oogt's '72 Datsun 260C

Snoozin

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cop cars (as per Seibu Keisatsu), taxi's and yeah.... fire chief cars were common uses for the H230 in Japan in the 70's.

I will be sticking a beacon on it in due course. Some other stuff required first... I know what the pieces of the puzzle are, I just need to collect them all in order to place together.

You guys are pretty much onto me.

Zeb and I have been discussing the possibilities of this for a while/since before Nats, I found a little something on YAJ that'll be the inspiration behind it. Will chuck some shots up tonight.

Just won an auction on eBay Australia so that's one more piece of the puzzle sorted. XA and XB Falcon hubcaps grow on trees over there it seems, and prices are a fraction of what I am finding here in NZ (even including shipping!).

So much excite right now.

richie, have you thought about a roofrack?

where roofrack = single bar across to mount siren and lights. making it easily removable.

Something custom made in order to fit the style and asthetic you are looking for is very acheivable.

Magnet to hold Siren on?

Was just thinking this.

A thin plate with both the siren and light bolted to it and taxi roof magnets attached to the plate to hold it all in place and a curly wurly cable going in thru the door to the ciggie lighter to make it work.

Would also mean no bolt holes in ur roof

Magnet to hold Siren on?

Was just thinking this.

A thin plate with both the siren and light bolted to it and taxi roof magnets attached to the plate to hold it all in place and a curly wurly cable going in thru the door to the ciggie lighter to make it work.

Would also mean no bolt holes in ur roof

I like this idea. Paint it red to suit...

Siren can be non functional, beacon absolutely HAS to be functional.

Dane - cos I don't drive them basically.

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out it's quite rusty beneath those guard bubbles, halfway through repairs and I'm doubtful if the bill will be within my saved budget, in fact it's likely to be substantially more...

Unsure on options at the moment due to still in recovery mode from the great property calamity of '12. Thinking of popping it on the market - buyer gets a super solid car for their money, I get to pay off the bill, lesson learnt, no more buying old cars.

Anyone perhaps interested, in an ideal world I'd be chasing ~$2500 for it.