Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

At Chris,

So? Those 2 things don't contradict each other...

Think you will find they do.

There may be other/cheaper options to making it work however.

It will cost so much money I couldn't afford that option even if I tried. Well, not before summit anyway.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you drive all 10 radially around a giant ring gear? It would be quite big but your fuel tank etc could all live on the inside of the circle.

Edit: You could use a ring gear from a smaller concrete mixer or similar and find enough drive gears to make it work.

• Like 1

Hah, better yet...

The ring gear could stay solid and the motors mount on a spindle in the middle - so the engines actually rotate around and drive your rear wheel. You'd need a sweet swivel fuel fitting but it could work.

Nah, just put the tanks all facing inwards. Once it's up to speed centrifugal wizardry will mash the fuel into the engines

I have had an idea so awesome I can't even explain it...

Make a hubless rear wheel by making the rear part of the frame round (slightly smaller diameter than the wheel rims), you could do this on one side or both sides of the rim. Put rollers on the frame which go on the inside of the rim. Mount all the engines around the inside of the round frame and drive the rollers off them.

Might not be able to fit all the engines in one rim though, might have to make it a trike.

Is this going yet?

Mig the cranks together and have two banks of 5 connected with a belt and then shaft driving a 9 inch angle grinder gearbox as a diff through as many half inch socket set UJ's as necessary.

Start it with rollers or leave the pull start on the front one.

?

You should paint the roof black.

... Wait, this isn't an MX5?

Read entire thread, then Loled at this comment, and the one about turbine.

I yern for progress. This would be epic as landing on the moon.