Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bit of an idea that involves a large shaft with multiple sprockets - would require spinning all the motors 90'.

10cyly-1.jpg

Motors mounted in thin air, but you get the idea. Left hand side will tension the bottom of the chain, right hand side will tension the top or visa versa.

Ahh the woes of transmission design.

String all the motors together that you desire however, getting the power to the ground...

Chains suck and clutches suck.

Design it properly for intended use.

Use belts that tighten under load. Akin to a ride on mower blade engage except use a uC Ned, you can.

I had a bit of an idea that involves a large shaft with multiple sprockets - would require spinning all the motors 90'.

10cyly-1.jpg

Motors mounted in thin air, but you get the idea. Left hand side will tension the bottom of the chain, right hand side will tension the top or visa versa.

I think this might be the only way it will work. This way each engine is individually loaded rather than the end motor seeing all the torques

EDIT: But I think it might need a big more than an angle grinder gearbox. This thing should have massive stacks of grunt.

Grinder box would be worth a go. I even have a second hand one sitting in the garage that I pilfered to turn into a tiny diff at some point.

There's a guy around here who is big on scale model trains - he uses these as the CWP behind a petrol engine of some sort and tugs trailers around his property, so they can stand up to a bit of load. Possibly not 310cc and 100KG + though...