OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, welding of any cast parts is a nono. Cletus could clarify on that, but am pretty sure that's the case.

you can weld cast, just have to heat it up well and good first (eg 200deg plus).

:arrow: cast suspension parts might raise eyebrows though.

From what I've heard, welding of any cast parts is a nono. Cletus could clarify on that, but am pretty sure that's the case.

you can weld cast, just have to heat it up well and good first (eg 200deg plus).

:arrow: cast suspension parts might raise eyebrows though.

Yah, I meant from a certifiable point of view. Sure you can weld it, but I'm pretty sure you'll never get it legal.

meant from a certifiable point of view. Sure you can weld it, but I'm pretty sure you'll never get it legal.

well, .. the Group A ford capri struts are made from welded cast stock items. I think they just need to be x-ray'd to prove no crack status. Certifiers prefer welding ticket for that stuff. but thats all off - hand memory.

images_RD717product.jpg

this member on tardme sells them

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... er=1936908

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 023093.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah man!! I would never say that about a car I own(to not sound like a dick) but for some reason it feels like its not,that Im just adding another Cressida to the world the way it is meant to be and and I love it everytime I look at it so, I agree. I just cant wait till its slammed and driving.

I think I'm going to like this a lot more than the jacked MarkII rolling on 15x10s in Wellington. This is just so much more in proportion, tyres are a good fit too. Just a bit lower eh?

Sick as aids.

How come you didn't go 9's in the end? Did they not have a die for the bands or something?

They stuck out a mile and were the wrong look. Tires would have been a bitch too. Once I get a look in my head I have to stick to it. I ordered 8.5's and wanted 8.5's. Still very happy with them. Look like sex in the flesh.

And yes there are a few things that (in my opinion) that I would change on the one floating in Welly. Or I could just do my own car haha. And yes the rear will be down about another 20mm and the front about another 50mm. Destroying catseyes=win. I havent got any decent pictures of the oil cooler on now with the black braided lines but its the juice.

160 with a link?? Thats pretty much what they are stock. I'll wack it on a local dyno when shes done. Im not really fussed to be honest haha as long as she goes hard. Not really a numbers car this one. I just hear so many different comments about 1uz's its not funny so Im just going to do it and see. For now I'll go off what this tuner says but if it comes up short Im not worried. He tunes my mates D1 car at 500+rwkw and builds 1UZ race engines so hopefully he knows a little. I have been emailing Soichi at StHitec who tuned all my skylines and he said he would get 250kw@wheels in NA form with the right supporting mods.So cams, exhaust link g4 etc shouldnt go afar. Had a chat to Kelvin at the car tune company who has helped me with so much advice on this build its not funny. Knows his stuff too. He was actually saying the log headers even though they look shocking they are actually on the inside designed to flow(well better then a pipe welded to some flanges haha) but obviously nothing like headers.

Ive read so many debates on 1UZ's it gets confusing haha. I do know its all in the tune though and ever car is different. But they way I see it if a stock 1UZ is 208kw (-20% drivetrain loss) thats about 160kw@wheels. So if an exhaust, cams and a link G4 with a tune doesnt make an increase I'll call it a piece lol. Surely the VH41's arent that more superior?? The link Im getting has a tune on it for his old VH41 setup with cams etc making 260kw@wheels.

This is with that setup....

Little bit has changed with 500kw@wheels now hahah...