OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we have worked out that if RX30 top hats are they same as GX61 then they are both different to GX71. Lines just dont line up. Will be running with GX71 BC coilovers still and making the strut holes slightly bigger.

Also as a point of reference GX61 stub axles etc are the same angle as RX30. Will be trying to track down front struts, lower arms, steering arms and brakes asap.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man. Yeah Allan has taking the front struts into his possession to weld up Monday. Wheels are being made up in the next 4 weeks. Once this gearbox is back and the engine mounts are made Im not very far away at all. Will post some more pics up tonight of some engine cleaning and detailing Im doing tonight.(dont worry Im not taking off everything that clips off and painting it red)

Fuck I am glad you are fitting the bill for building my new car Nathan,

Cant wait to weld up my struts so you can bolt them in ready for my engine etc

But basicly yes

The low down

This will now be running gx-71 BC coil over kit, on GX-61 struts which give bigger brakes, plus vented, over the rx-30 items. Will also fit the gx-61 lower control arms which should give a little more camber..

Also, An F series Diff has been located, from an MA45, which aprrently bolts striaght in, And comes with cnc plans for disc brakes etc off an SW20. such a sweet upgrade once an Altezza lsd is found!

All in all, this car is coming along nicly, and nathan doesnt update enough because he is lame.

looking damn good son, will be ace to see ripping up on a taupo track day

Oh hell yes this will be hapening.

when welding those coilovers to the gx61 struts, i would recommend doing 4 x 10mm plug welds for when it comes to certing

There ya go Allan :) I dont know what this means. They are now in Allans hot little hands.

Oh so hot