OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a bit lost too. But both of them snapped. The shaft was about 10mm and the proper ones are about 20 and I have had no issues. Just got back from another drive and a very bumpy road. So the others were just way to thin. Unsure what the exhaust specs are. I know he went from the headers twin(obviously) and joined them under the gearbox into one. Then a decent coby through I think 2.5 inch to the back to the muffler I gave him. Was for a stagea but we cut it to suit. Couldnt be happier with the sound. I have to thank all my mates for their help to get it done and to my wife who was amazing. She was taking the kids away for weekends just so I could do the car. Pretty good of her when they are 2.5 years and 10 months and a handful being 2 boys. Couldnt have done it in this time frame without her help at all.

Now I just have to work out what the hell its worth so I can insure it for better amount!!!

Skylines have double wishbone/multi link front suspension and the shock/spring only has to take care of only up and down forces, whereas put into a macpherson strut layout the strut has to handle up and down as well as side to side forces, which is why it collapsed sideways.

Yeah pretty much what Fuel Said.

When I got to the car after the call of "got to cert guy, struts have snapped" it pretty much all made sense. So it is very much a trap for young players indeed. However yeah once you think about it, its all like, oh, yeah, that makes total sense.

Especailly when you compare the shaft sizes.

Did have a think though, both the struts appear to have the same outside diameter. So we was wondering what would happen if you pulled the shafts out of the MX-71 shocks and inserted them into the Skyline housings.... Anyone ever pulled a BC shock apart??

Oh and oh my fuck this thing is super badass..... Went for passenger ride in it later friday night after pulling the back of the bear box off due to it locking in gear, holy crap, wheel spin in pretty much every gear.... and sounds fucken good. like FUCKEN GOOD!

I thought my gearing was to close but 3rd and 4th actually go for longer then I thought. Wont do it again untill I have my alignment done though haha. But bloody hell. Cant wait for the link and better gearbox. Hopefully the LSD will give me better traction. I cant get any power to the ground at all in 1st 2nd or 3rd. It will wheelspin in 3rd so I'll wait till I have traction, feather it on again but no no still doesnt want to. I wont mind if it does it with two wheels though.

Anybody got any ideas what this noise(at around 15 seconds on the vid) is? Both cams are doing it and only when warm. Im wondering if the oil pump doesnt like hot oil and having to pump it through all the lines and cooler maybe?? and so not getting to heads enough? Motor hasnt been opened.