OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Nah nah more cressida's the better!

Awesome to see you sorted that steering box and engine is happy chappy in there! How much oil can that batty oil cooler take?

Yeah man happy as ay. Cant believe I got it to be honest. Got all the carpets in tonight. Fuel tank and fuel pump will be ready by tomorrow night. I'll tell him your keen for the same thing but pump supplied.

... tempting me into getting a x41 a mate has.

I want it!

yeah, he rang me too about plugs. Due to his schedule even if I was to source one for him it wouldnt have arrived in time so I suggested using the pins removed from the 16pin plug and putting those directly onto the right pins on the ECU.

_yes_ .. that is not ideal.

I tested it while he was one the phone, and provided they have a sealing coating (eg heatshrink), they fit and hold on just fine.

After all, .. it's the fourth plug, so thats 5 pins, .. if it was more I've say find another solution. But that will work just fine for months, possibly years. As long as the wires are well secured before being bent round and run into the ecu pin's they will hold.

Im still alive and will be updating my build thread on the weekend. Thanks for your advice Nigel. Got the car fired up tonight. Need to do a few things in the morning but may even make it back to my pad by the arvo. Exhaust is all done and looks quite nice. For the few seconds we had her going she was nice and loud haha. Big week next week. Will be interesting to see if I have her going for the weekend. I doubt it.

So far still need to:

Run a copper return line

Fit coilover inserts in the front

Fit tires and wheels and adjust ride height

Attach rear shifter from a W40 to my W50

Space the end of the driveshaft

Make slotted gearbox mounts

Fit clutch slave cylinder and line

Bleed brakes

Bleed clutch

All before its cert on Tuesday. Hmmmmmm

And yes get your face in here Allan. I miss your musk.