OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. I'll leave it up to Allan what ever he does.

Ive decided to get new carpet for the car. Need to decide on the colour now. Chocolate - Walnut - Tawa - Black - Charcoal - Storm - Grey - Navy - Sky -

Think Im going for the walnut as the interior is brown and the carpet is a brown. Dont want to go too light.

This build is pretty wicked.

and yes, do what I did. the coilovers have to be TIGd, not MIGd. and the 4 plug holes are what I was adivised to do. and the coilover tube must be welded to the steel of the original tube and not the casting. So press the tubes on and leave 15mm from the bottom.

this is right:

IMAG0016.jpg

this is not. no plug welds and its pressed on too far. Its a no-no to weld to the casting. (not that the strut in the pic has been welded yet)

picture stolen from the internet.

NewPicture.png

You are in safe hands with Seedy. He knows whats up.

Havent had the heart to break it to you Allan but I wont be able to make it. How long does it go for? I may be able to come out Sunday night. Would love to have the old girl going by that weekend. All dependent on how the gearbox goes and if the Datto sells soonish.

Yeah Im trying to get hold of my mate in Japan but havent seen him online for ages. I know he is over there for a few weeks so would work out perfect.

Edit: just made a phone call to Japan and will be catching up with him in a few hours. I hope I have enough time to get it to his house to make it into his suitcase to make it on the plane to make it to NZ to make it to me to make it in my car who live in the house that jack built 8)