OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you recommend I buy those new coilovers from Redline and get it all welded to my fronts and the backs will bolt in.

If your going to run coilovers, i would definatly be getting BCs. I would get red BCs if you can find any just for the fact that you dont need to make that sleeve i mentioned above.

The backs almost bolt in, you just need to change the eye bush and replace the top 2 bolt plate with some sway bar bushes. Easy as

Are your fronts 3 way then. As in have you made a threaded sleve to press onto you original and then screw into the coilover thead?

So the New BC Golds front coilover base wont slipt over my sleve (once cut 50mm up) and weld around the bottom to just make a 2 way front coilover?

Oh yeah yours were S13 ay. Does anyone know if you can cut the bottom off a soarer coilover or will oil piss out lol. I have a set in the shed and the top hat lines up with my fronts and the rear has an eye in the bottom. I might be way way off lol. (*my mind is saying bloody hell nathan just buy some new dam coilovers and get it sorted*)

yeah i dont think the soarer ones will work.

Also i did have this crazy idea, because your brakes are pretty crap in the front (from memory) if you buy the gx71 BC kit, then i wonder if we could upgrade your front suspention, brakes etc to GX-71....

So.... just buy them, We can make them work Fella.

Also, if you need extra cash for widening wheels, which you do, then my offer is still open

yeah i dont think the soarer ones will work.

Also i did have this crazy idea, because your brakes are pretty crap in the front (from memory) if you buy the gx71 BC kit, then i wonder if we could upgrade your front suspention, brakes etc to GX-71....

So.... just buy them, We can make them work Fella.

Also, if you need extra cash for widening wheels, which you do, then my offer is still open

Oh yeah I forgot to txt you back sorry mate.I actually wrote the txt and didnt send it for some unknown reason. Done deal if it helps you get what you want and helps me out at the same time. Got any GX71 brakes? :lol:

Ahh nice new coilovers going to be nice. I wonder if I can get a full new bushes kit for her and replace it all while Im at it.

you you should be able to get bushes etc pretty easy.

but yeah thats probabaly the hard part. matching gx71 tie rod ends to rx30 steering ends as they are box and not rack an pioion.

Should be do-able though

there is a mx73 / gs71 at beejays........

maybe we should look at the front of your car and take some measurements.........

Also, oh god some people arnt going to be happy but sweet haha!

Yeah man Im keen. I'll hold the light.

Hey the way I see it the car would still be sitting there if you hadnt of helped me and youve been a big help with this cressy. Now we are even/you owe me your soul/wagon.

Also if the stub axle angle might be different between the RX30 and the GX71 I wonder what the chances of the RX30 being the same as the AE86.

Do you know where your mate got all his bushes from? Roughly what he paid?

pretty much kinda what I was thinking......... hmmm.......... Maybe we should be looking at getting the front suspention from the gx61 on here for sale, then convert that...... then again, should probably check the front brakes on the rx30 before even jumping to conclusions haha