Mikeys '72 Datsun 240z

mikey

I've just come from pick a part.

Most cars there are FWD and don't really have anything useful. Subarus have double uni-joints which is not what I'm after. Fords have unis with shafts attached, which I guess _could_ work... hmmm. Next time I'll take some spanners.

I still need the rose joints with inner bearing. FPP probably have them.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You got me. I do indeed piss around. It's even pissing me off!

I've come up with a new plan though. Instead of trying to work on the car during the weekend, which never eventuates. I'm gonna do late nights after work starting next week.

Hopefully that mean shit'll start happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey pal looking good - I mean all that stuff 'underneath' - the nuts and bolts of the engine conversion so to speak... Technical stuff far beyond my capability...

(I changed a headlight globe in my car today - it took me no less than two hours, + two skinned knuckles and much swearing and cursing)

I am very impressed with the 'FM' engine position! Far!

(As in Far Out that's a big gap... And also that is very 'Far' from the engine to the front)

You know back in the day I thought a straight six was the only engine anyone should have, why would you need anything else? But now I have learnt that they really are rather long, and this does not bode well for weight distribution. This is a shining example of that point. (I also learnt that not all straight sixes sound as good as the RB's and Beemer's I'd been piloting back in the day - case in point: Mr Ford 'poo bum' Falcon)

I did see you say you weren't 'gonna be dragging it'... Huh? May as well do a couple of runs tho right? Just to see what she'll do? It's not like you won't be dumping the clutch here there and everywhere anyway... You'll soon know whether that diff is strong enough or not...

I am an excellent drag racer btw. Always win that shit from the lights. Eat my dust Mr Diesel van man!

Ahh well, that's all a while away innit... Lots of 'underneath' stuff needs to happen first... I remember tho we were talking about exhausts being ages away and then suddenly they were there.

Actually I remember even engines being talked about with misty eyes as if looking far into the future... Nek Minute...

I wonder how she'll be progressing in early Jan... When I'm in Taupo... :-)

Cheerio now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...