Mikeys '72 Datsun 240z

mikey

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get this off trademe off some chick may be on the shore?

Friend of a friend was selling one her old man left to her, had been i shed for years string away. she wouldnt give it to me.

Kinda hopng it is this one, least my plans i had for it for it are happening.

Nah, I got it from a guy in Tauranga. But I think I may have checked out the one you're talking about. A girl in her early 20's was selling her old mans 240z last year, she was from the shore but was living in Remuera. It was a real rust box cos it was sitting outside for yonks. I think it was Maroon.

Nice progress man, looks like you're doing a very nice job of things.

I got a bit worried when I saw the strut top full of holes :lol: but obviously you have it under control :D

Probably not a scared as I was when doing it!

I think you'll always get the comments of "oh, another Z with black ZG flares and wats" but the truth is (imo) that there are certain formulas that just work on certain cars, and this is one that does. I think the direction you are heading in with this car is very cool and I am most certainly watching with baited breath. Sure, it would be refreshing to see an entirely new spin on a 240z but really, who cares? It will look awesome and make you happy, which is the main thing being that it is your car.

Im struggling to think of "a new spin" on a 240z that isnt better than ZG flares and wide Wats.

Samsies. I mean, it looks choice. But I just wonder if it's tired.

It's been done and done in the States. But on the up-side, I dont think I've ever seen one in NZ. Oh, and it's fricken awesome!

TBH - the shape just begs to have a paint job like a Spitfire/P51

Reminds me a bit of Yuta's 240z. It's supposed to look like a Jap fighter plane:

HEN_3852-2.jpg

Looks dope if you ask me. But I'm not sure I'm _that_ extreme

waiting for Kys 'YOU BASTARD!' comment lol

Your waiting has ended.

YOOOOU BASTARD!!!

I can but imagine your excitement. Those are the exact wheels specs I'm after. I'm a little disappointed I don't live closer so if nothing else I could perhaps try them for size to clarify my measurements.

Wide RS-Wats and Flares. Tough as fuck. Do it.

I just saw pictures and didn't bother reading so if you've already mentioned it, I apologise, but.. you have to go solid colour Wats. Polished lips is sub-par.

you have to go solid colour Wats. Polished lips is sub-par.

Solid colour fo sho. I'm planning on the same graphitey colour that's on the rears.

I am pretty pumped about getting them. In fact, it's probably the most exciting thing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVER!

Where-the-hell-are-ya? If it's anywhere near Auckland/Taupo/Hawkes Bay I can probably swing by at some point before you buy. Annnnnnnnnd if I do decide to ditch the fronts we might be able to work something out. For some reason in Japan they sell a lot of second hand Watanabes in pairs.

P.S Your car is dope. Get it on the road. egg.

Nah bro, I'm fucking light years away in Invercargill.

Type R Wats only go up to 9.5" wide in 16" Diameter BTW so if you wanted wider you'd have to go down to 15" in which case your tyre choice is fucking pathetic and retarded (although 15x12 -51 would rule serious face), which is one of the reasons why I want 16's as getting sizes to fit 8.5 and 9.5 isn't too hard.

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/pay/al8r.htm

Selling in pairs is the only way, IMO. Staggered sets are required and if you buy in pairs then you buy appropriate for your particular vehicle.