Mikeys '72 Datsun 240z

mikey

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares who gets it, it looks boss as shit.

For those that dont know what we are talking about.

1970_Datsun_Z432_Fairlady_S20_Skyline_For_Sale_Rear_resize.jpg

So the exhaust tip style?

The double vertical stack man. It's certainly a bit different. I think I probably would go for it, but I wouldn't cry too much if I couldn't have it.

can weld for you.

Will do it at work where im set it up.

I can come and have a look if you like and discuss stz.

Oh man! That'd be super!

I'll get the pipe bender this week and bend/cut the pipe up for the cross-member. It might pay to have a yarn about things before I dick it up? If you wanna, you could come around and have a yarn and see what I'm planning, or I can bring it around to yours?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, I saw that too. I'm 50/50 on it. I reckon it's super expensive. But that's what you get it seems: http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=48009 ... =1&ct=link

For now I'm gonna stick with the 4 pinion r180 and see how we go. Some people reckon they're good for over 350hp. And I'm not gonna drag it.

The thing that put me off the r200 is price; I'd need to get CV half-shafts, custom made hub flanges, the diff itself, moustache bar and transverse link. The half shafts would probably be 300zx ones, but I'd need to shorten the splined shaft so they don't bottom out.

All that would cost shed loads.

I suppose I could just use uni half shafts from a 280z as a cheaper option. But if I were to do it I'd rather go to CVs while-im-at-it. And I doubt they'd be much cheaper anyhow based on pricing for the mustache bar and LSD prices!

Damn money.

• 3 weeks later...
Naww cute.

How did those mounts end up working with the engine.

Good height?

Gearbox crossmember is working hawt!

Tee hee! I love how things are actually working how we planned!

The mounts would've meant I'd have to run a 20mm isolator which would've left me no breathing room, so I ended out cutting 10mm from the bottom and tacking them back up. Which gives me a lot more room for adjustment.

Everything else looks pretty sweet. Even the new x-member seems to have stretched 1-2mm to bridge the frame rails perfectly! Ha ha.

The sump is about 15mm higher than the new x-member, which I guess is a good thing. I have no idea what my ground clearance will be, probably about 70mm. Eeeeeek!