Air bag suspension chat

KKtrips

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 link that shit 10-5... go, sell ceddy and spend on bags

Seriously though, its not worth it aye? Just the effort involved in getting the 4-link done at the body end, it would just be worth at least trying to leaf setup and going from there, in my opinion at least.

4 link that shit 10-5... go, sell ceddy and spend on bags

Seriously though, its not worth it aye? Just the effort involved in getting the 4-link done at the body end, it would just be worth at least trying to leaf setup and going from there, in my opinion at least.

pretty much this, if i had to goto the effort of 4 link id just pick another car to begin with/not bother and just put up with max slam, tiz not like im gonna daily it, its just as every one says, you can get away with way more slam if you have bags to get over shit obstacles.

• Like 1

1/2" seems fucken massive.

I know nothing of airbag setups but that shit will flow heeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaps

1/2 is what I see most classifying as a "fast" kit. Is it overkill for a basic setup? I don't need it to jump off the ground but I don't want to wait for half an hour at the speed hump for it to fill up :lol:

I'm keen for like 1/4" or something super slow. Would be much easier to adjust than having the thing jumping around like a lunatic. Also, I don't want to get all superchargers/duel compressors on this shit, but small lines, higher pressure, larger lines, more volume etc, so even small lines will work, just at a higher pressure/flame me.

so even small lines will work, just at a higher pressure/flame me.

In theory, the smaller lines will have a larger pressure drop across them that is proportional to the flow.

All that would mean is they would take longer to phil but still get to the same pressure.

I would be keen for something slow also.

i had 3/8 lines on the evo its way faster then that video clip the closer the valves are to the bags the faster and more contol you have also make sure your air lines are the same length if there different this will make the bags pump up and different speeds you also should put some check valves in as i found that when you hit a bump with enough force it would make the air pressure more on the bag side of the valve and force it back into the tank all i had to do was put one way check valves on the out lets of the tank.

if bagging a complete diff conversion could be a good option,

something thats the right pcd width and that would just need the body mounts,

a commodore housing with its uneven length 4 link using the wats linkage off a falcon

and an lsd and axles from the latter would keep the pcd correct (to 10-5s pres)

i'm thinking seriously about putting a very little c notch in my ute,

whats the cert requirements on these?

so with the dodge single leaf setup, they run the bag like an adjustable lowering block? Would it be an option to get a beefy single leaf made up to cope with the extra stress and ditch the original spring pack altogether?

I don't see why not.

My Alto has a single leaf that heaps heaps of articulation. I will measure for ktrizzle when dad gets home with measuring stick.

If you were going to do any sort of major diff mods I would only do it for IRS.